The Enterprise Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see the finished work. Too bad you weren't able to shoot the big E as a model and composite it in. Of course for the next movie if you manage to put the 6 footer in space, if you wanted to put a trashed TOS starship in there for the Enterprise to encounter, you should do that ship as a trashed AMT model like they used to do it. Like this bad boy perhaps?

connie8.jpg

Since I suck at photoshop compositing (or rather I am just not in practice), I couldn't come up with a decent way to redecorate it as the USS Drexler. ;)

Ok, Stevesie, listen up, cause I just figgered out your next project.

First, you build a full scale set of Enterprise bridge where your workshop/garage currently is.

Then, you put up green screen materials INSIDE this newly constructed bridge replica and film yourself (and your dog) building models and such against this green screen.

Then, you use your computer to reconstruct the interior of your old workshop/garage in 3D computer CGI graphics, and then place the footage you shot of you and your dog within the CGI workshop construct, and then post these movies on YouTube.

Then, and here's the kicker, this ENTIRE process never really happened in real life because your real body is in a big goo-filled tube on an alien ship and your brain is hooked up to the matrix making us all think this stuff really happened.

How bout THEM apples, eh?

Also, I can't wait to see your trailers.

;)

"Really Dr. McCoy, you must learn to govern your passions; they will be your undoing!" :lol

I love it! Great job. Well with nay luck we will do the next. This time one hour. New website goes up soon and we'll take a stab!

Again love the model!

steve

Can't wait to see the finished work. Too bad you weren't able to shoot the big E as a model and composite it in. Of course for the next movie if you manage to put the 6 footer in space, if you wanted to put a trashed TOS starship in there for the Enterprise to encounter, you should do that ship as a trashed AMT model like they used to do it. Like this bad boy perhaps?

connie8.jpg

Since I suck at photoshop compositing (or rather I am just not in practice), I couldn't come up with a decent way to redecorate it as the USS Drexler. ;)

OOOOOH! I like this a LOT!

Actually the Drexler get real toasted. As in Saucer section comes off and tumbles past camera and more. But more on that later.

Here's a frame grab of the BOP getting it's just reward. ;)

Steve

Bop_explosion10.jpg

Bop_explosion11.jpg

and this one where it's firing on the Enterprise:

bridge_scene_45_over_shoulder0136.jpg

Yet another dream inspired that I hope to achieve once my wife and I are done school and a bit more financially stable again.
Awesome inspiring work on every level :)

Hey, Steve!

Two points...

1) Still an AWESOME project.

2) Don't you have a profile picture you could use that shows you with a smile??? You miserable old GIT! :lol

All the very best to you, Mate!
Darren

Been awhile since I have posted because I’ve been a bit busy with the show doing effects shots, comps and editing. Needless to say things are going well

The E is Chris Martin’s and has been a bit reworked by Tony Bruno, David Clarke and myself now. Basically just texture changes the model itself is just great. The Bop is Craig Frey is heavily features in this show.
Here are a few frames grabs. These are shots I have been working on myself.

Hoping to get to that trailer one day but getting the film finished has been the biggest push.

Steve
turns_and_runs_2.jpg

turns_and_runs_3.jpg

shotacrossthebow.jpg

Bop_chase_rear_angle0143.jpg

EfiresaftonBop1.jpg

Steve, do you LIKE that my jaw keeps hitting the floor here? You're killing me with alovera ointment purchases at CVS...:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back