The Enterprise Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call myself a Star wars fan rather than a Treck fan, but I am realy enjoying this. Bringing back some memories of the original show for me.

Thanks

Ozzy

The reason I prefer Star Trek (not that I didn't like Star Wars I did) is that it represents a hopeful and possible future for humankind.

Thanks Ozzy, I appreciate you comment!

Steve

The reason I prefer Star Trek (not that I didn't like Star Wars I did) is that it represents a hopeful and possible future for humankind.

Thanks Ozzy, I appreciate you comment!

Steve

Not to take this way off topic Steve, but I suppose thats were I have more of an affinity with Star wars rather than Star Trek. I have a more pessimistic view about the future for mankind.

However, been getting out the old Star Trek movies and my die hard star wars son, has been getting into them. He has now started to watch TNG from the begining. LOL. Dam, I cant even get a Falcon finished for him let alone an Enterprise If he wants one. LOL.

I will be learking around, watching for updates.

John

The station was built from scratch by Matt. The Enterprise is the Evil Genius, Chris Martins Enterprise that has been modified by the hard work of David Clarke and Tony Bruno. The shuttle (which we will get a better look at later) was built by Chris as well.

These guys have done an amazing job as have you Steve! I look forward to the finished product! :thumbsup

It’s been awhile (with all the work I have had flowing through my shop) since I worked on Fate Protects Fools, the TOS Star Trek movie. I’m now pass the back log and I’m back to it. Matt Boardman just finished up the first two CGI shots of the Neptune station.

The station was built from scratch by Matt. The Enterprise is the Evil Genius, Chris Martins Enterprise that has been modified by the hard work of David Clarke and Tony Bruno. The shuttle (which we will get a better look at later) was built by Chris as well.

I just cut the two shots in and added music and sound effects and I have to say it moved me to see it. I have done over 21 comps now of me on the bridge and all music and sound effects are added. It’s really starting to have that feel!

Soon as I get a few more shots I’ll post make the first trailer to tease you all with. I’ll be starting a new web site for the proposed series. “Star Trek Sirius” I’ll be asking for donations to make the show. It’s my hope to do a full one hour show and if all goes well continue on with more. Your donations will be the only way I can make this happen. And maybe something else.

I want to try and get a license so I can open a store on the same web site and include for sale some high end props, costumes, and more from my friends in this hobby. I have met so many great and talented people from our beloved hobby it would be great to support them and the show both making it a win, win for all who love Star Trek. You know who you are.

If any of you have any ideas or connections that might help me know where to start in getting a license please email or PM me.

Thanks a whole bunch!

Steve

FPF_02x02_F02_00023.jpg

FPF_02x03_F02_00089.jpg

Freakin awesome Steve. E-mail sent, PM to follow.

Every evening for the last few days I have been working on the edit and effects for the TOS movie. I managed to cut in 52 composited green shots of me and Rosie on the bridge. I have a lot of the sound effects and music cut it. Matt did a nice Romulan bridge BKG and that all got composited and cut in as well.

The CGI team is busy on effects and I hope to have more cut in soon. But overall we are making real good progress.

Here are a couple of frame grabs. The bridge shot is from the Turbo lift entering the bridge from my POV. We are shooting additional footage and I’m building the turbo lift and even some of the corridors of the Enterprise for extra shots I felt were needed to lead us into the bridge.
The library computer shot is a cut too when the computer talks to me.
We have a new ending too. Or an added on ending that leads into the next show and you’ll get to see the USS Sirius. More on that later.

Steve

bridge_capts_POV0171.jpg

bridge_scene_36_comp0127.jpg

bridge_scene_39_comp0000.jpg

library_computer0044.jpg

That's looking great. The compositing looks really sharp and gels together well, in fact better than I see it done on many TV shows!

The bridge model looks perfect, and all the colours look spot on. The only slight issue I'm seeing is that because the original bridge is so much flat colour, that it makes it difficult to avoid the CG look. Is there any ambient occlusion or indirect lighting in there? I'd be interested to know more about the CG side. :)

Can't wait to see more. Big Trek fan here.

Thanks you two. As for the lighting yes there is a global illumination but it's turned way down. On your end the images should look quiet contrasty. If not it could be your monitor settings.

Single frames are most revealing as you can stare at them a long time. When they are actually film in motion they look quite different I have found.

Thanks again for the kind words and observations!

steve

You can't tell that the shots of you and rosie on the bridge ar composited into the CG background, The CG looks great. I love the panorama.

Well, the word 'envious' doesn't even come close.:eek...you've set a new standard in so many aspects of model making. Outstanding work on so many levels.
The more I look at your work, the more it drives me to up my game. :)

Ok, Stevesie, listen up, cause I just figgered out your next project.

First, you build a full scale set of Enterprise bridge where your workshop/garage currently is.

Then, you put up green screen materials INSIDE this newly constructed bridge replica and film yourself (and your dog) building models and such against this green screen.

Then, you use your computer to reconstruct the interior of your old workshop/garage in 3D computer CGI graphics, and then place the footage you shot of you and your dog within the CGI workshop construct, and then post these movies on YouTube.

Then, and here's the kicker, this ENTIRE process never really happened in real life because your real body is in a big goo-filled tube on an alien ship and your brain is hooked up to the matrix making us all think this stuff really happened.

How bout THEM apples, eh?

Also, I can't wait to see your trailers.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back