The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

While the Ravager is cool and I'm excited to see how that plays out, she really has nothing to do with the (Green) Arrow's props or costume. :p

Having said that...

I was able to check out a Kestrel in person today (totally amazing bow!!!) and I'm speculating that the 10 bows ordered by production were with the 35-55# power limbs (and possibly ground down to lessen the draw weight even further) as the 50-70# power limbs are much thicker. I'm trying to confirm exactly what specs production ordered. (Not that I would advise ordering a bow that is improperly sized to actually be used, but I know some people like to just have a display piece that is EXACT).

While the Ravager is cool and I'm excited to see how that plays out, she really has nothing to do with the (Green) Arrow's props or costume. :p

I was thinking that too and maybe we should change the title thread to Arrow costume & props. But then again, we might see any posts of costumes related to the Arrow show whether it be green Arrow, Black Canary or etc.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I don't see why we need to make this about the show as opposed to the one character to be honest. There can be a general thread opened up elsewhere.

I don't see why we need to make this about the show as opposed to the one character to be honest. There can be a general thread opened up elsewhere.

Agreed. If you want to show progress on YOUR arrow build up... start your own thread. This thread was created with the intention of documenting found items and discoveries made for Arrow. It's not a build progress thread. I feel guilty even posting this, as it's not related. lol.

But yeah, I am strongly in favor of keeping the thread pure to the OP's intentions. If you've got other stuff to show off, there's no rule against starting your own thread to showcase your work.

/rant

Agreed. If you want to show progress on YOUR arrow build up... start your own thread. This thread was created with the intention of documenting found items and discoveries made for Arrow. It's not a build progress thread. I feel guilty even posting this, as it's not related. lol.

But yeah, I am strongly in favor of keeping the thread pure to the OP's intentions. If you've got other stuff to show off, there's no rule against starting your own thread to showcase your work.

/rant

Maybe its because we've all been here for over 10 years, and maybe it's mostly due to my OCD, but these guys nailed it. There is a great Deathstroke thread that is on a roll lately, and also a Canary thread that just got started. I had intended for this to be identification, discussion, and sourcing only for (Green) Arrow. I know it's died down lately, but we really only have so many items to locate.

Considering the lack of definitive-ness lately on this thread, I thought I share with you that the brown/tannish jacket that Oliver wore on Season 2, Episode 16 when talking to Alexi Leonov of the Bratva (and mostly in season 1) is a G-Star Ontario Hooded Jacket. Unfortunately, they are unavailable now, but I will continue scouring the internet to find one!

That's some great info, ATurnerC! Welcome to the forums.

111.jpg

It looks much better on Stephen!!

I know this really isn't part of the definitive part but I'm in the middle of constructing the salmon ladder as well as the pull-up bar for Oliver's workouts on the island as well as in his lair
y9e6a2uh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396914310.275959.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396914310.275959.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 465
I was able to check out a Kestrel in person today (totally amazing bow!!!) and I'm speculating that the 10 bows ordered by production were with the 35-55# power limbs (and possibly ground down to lessen the draw weight even further) as the 50-70# power limbs are much thicker. I'm trying to confirm exactly what specs production ordered. (Not that I would advise ordering a bow that is improperly sized to actually be used, but I know some people like to just have a display piece that is EXACT).

So you're thinking about working on a Kestrel now? I've checked those out before and they are definitely pricey to just have "hanging around".... Anyway I was going to ask I see you did all the wood burning on the riser....With your wood burning tool did it come with accessories? Like different attachments? I'm just curious because I'm going to be buying one tomorrow for my bow and was curious which one you used. Thanks for any input.

I was going to ask I see you did all the wood burning on the riser....With your wood burning tool did it come with accessories? Like different attachments? I'm just curious because I'm going to be buying one tomorrow for my bow and was curious which one you used. Thanks for any input.

I actually haven't gotten that far with my build yet (I still have a touch more sanding to do on the riser), however, the runes/symbols/whatever is next.

Tvayumat, Primrodo, daviddorio, JBRepilcas, harmfulAdam, and a few others have all done a great job with their woodburning. Send any of them a PM and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help.

To pinder91. Where did you get that mask in your pic? Did you make it or buy it? And as requested not to add any self builds i started my own thread of CW Arrow props I have been making if anyone is interested. Click here to view the thread.

To pinder91. Where did you get that mask in your pic? Did you make it or buy it? And as requested not to add any self builds i started my own thread

I made the mask myself. It's 3-4oz veg tanned leather. Full wrap-around straps.

And thanks for creating your own thread. As much as I love seeing what everyone is doing (I really do!!), this thread was never intended to be the place for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back