The Definitive Batman 1989 cowl

irishxwarrior

Hey Everyone ,I have been looking for an accurate Batman 1989 cowl for about a year now and wanted to start a thread to find the definitive Batman 1989 cowl.

So I started where I always start Shawn Reeves of Reevzfx and I always go to him for his incredible quality, detail and care he puts into his cowls. So I contacted him right away because I saw his 89 cowl that I loved so much and thought was the perfect Keaton cowl. But then came the speed bump he no longer produces them DAMN I'm out of luck!!!, However he told me that he made the cowl from Bob Dullam's original master mold and that JesterFx has the same mold as he does. So I decided to keep JesterFx in the back of my head while I go looking for other 89 cowl makers, you gotta give everybody a shot and play fair.

So the search started and I ran into countless wonderful 89 cowl makers such as TigerstoneFx, GauntletFx, Superhero Concepts, Gotham City Fx and the previously stated JesterFx. Then I ran into the problem who has the definitive 89 cowl of them all, I began to look at the accuracy, detail, emblem, color, price, size, and texture. I wanted to factor everything into my decision and to make it easier for others in my position to select one of these great cowls.

Below I have provided pictures of each cowl from there respected maker.

Reevzfx 89 cowl.jpg Reevzfx 89 cowl.
JesterFx 89 cowl.jpg JesterFX 89 cowl.
TigerstoneFx 89 cowl.jpg TigerstoneFX 89 cowl.
Gauntlet Fx 89 cowl.jpg GauntletFX 89 cowl.
Superhero Concepts 89 cowl.jpg Superhero Concepts 89 cowl.
Gotham City Fx 89 cowl.jpg Gotham City FX 89 cowl.

I can tell you the Gauntlet FX cowl has lineage to a screen used cowl. Others have worked from the same master though. PJ Wares and JesterFX that I am aware of. We did restore our copy to what it may have looked like 25 years ago vs the deteriorated piece of rubber it had become. There are further pics in my Project Runs thread.

Nice! I'm also factoring in the size some look like they run a bit bigger than the other. Are you with one of these makers or are you on your own?

Jester FX is a scam artist, and quite frankly, a ****.. I'd avoid all business with that joke. You may want to do a few searches on this forum or the Replica Props warning list groups on Facebook.

Since we've got the bad apple out of the bunch, I can't recommend Tiger Stone FX enough! They are very reputable and it's always a treat dealing with them. Highly recommend their fantastic work.

I actually chatted with JesterFx and once he told me doesn't do Paypal anymore and had no legitimate reason why he doesn't use it anymore. It sent up an immediate red flag.

Mine is accurate other than the ears. Mine are longer and in my opinion more menacing. But it is all a matter of taste.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back