The Dead Don't Die (Post-release)

What did you think of The Dead Don't Die?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was good. Liked it very much.

• It was disappointing.

• Total voters
Everyone's in it. The trailer looks very good. Call me a cynic, but I'm a little concerned... What if they put all the good stuff from the movie in the trailer?

I'm definitely going to see it. Saw an interview with Selena Gomez today and she let out a major spoiler regarding her character.

"Did she just say chardonnay?"

Boring. Even fast forwarding didn't help. (Watched it on line.)

Two problems with that, one of which should be obvious... Second, why boring? Because there wasn't a bunch of action set pieces and CG explosions every five minutes? Looks to be like the film is mostly dialogue driven and it's the characters and their line delivery that make it interesting. I could be wrong, however.

I'll probably see it tonight.

Okay, I saw it and I'll freely admit it wasn't as good as the trailer would have led you to believe. That's not to say it's bad, it's just not as good as I'd hoped. And to address the "boring" assessment? It's is definitely not a fast paced, action packed romp.

There was a line early in the movie, which is reinforced throughout the film with additional dialogue, that sets up a humorous twist toward the end. There's a resolution of one character's story that came out of left field (which I saw coming, but admittedly, only seconds before it happened). And finally, there was a group of characters who never interacted with the main group whose story was never resolved.

In the long run, it seems the film could have seen one more pass in editing, but overall, I enjoyed the film. There were a few laugh out loud moments, but the bulk of the humor was dialogue based and warranted little more than a chuckle. I liked the movie, but it fell just short of great.

Okay, I saw it and I'll freely admit it wasn't as good as the trailer would have led you to believe. That's not to say it's bad, it's just not as good as I'd hoped. And to address the "boring" assessment? It's is definitely not a fast paced, action packed romp.

There was a line early in the movie, which is reinforced throughout the film with additional dialogue, that sets up a humorous twist toward the end. There's a resolution of one character's story that came out of left field (which I saw coming, but admittedly, only seconds before it happened). And finally, there was a group of characters who never interacted with the main group whose story was never resolved.

In the long run, it seems the film could have seen one more pass in editing, but overall, I enjoyed the film. There were a few laugh out loud moments, but the bulk of the humor was dialogue based and warranted little more than a chuckle. I liked the movie, but it fell just short of great.
I saw it with a friend this afternoon, and I have to say your assessment is spot on. I liked it, but I'm not sure I can recommend it to anyone even if I know they're a fan of Jarmusch's movies. :unsure:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back