The dark knight JF custom files page 3

Looks like there has been success with the templates on Sonjou's thread. The chest and the back were pretty cool for pep but the gauntlet and neck could go off the same templates. I used the leg for scale...Not much to this as far a pep anyways... JFcustom is still the man!

I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. But these pieces for the neck are not coming together. Is anybody else having any issues?

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. But these pieces for the neck are not coming together. Is anybody else having any issues?

Are you taking about the neck he just posted? The dashed lines that are on the pep file are actually overlaps. Since the neck is layered, you leave the dashes on the foam and that is basically your glue areas to lay the next piece on top of. This is just from looking that file since I'm not actually building it though....

I'm done posting my junk but here's the difference in working with the 3D model in pep and the actual suit. If you are wanting a perfect replica out of these templates, use them as a guide and have a reference picture to modify them...

I still like them for what I'm using them for.... :thumbsup

Is anyone else here worrying about the mesh undersuit? I ask because I'm kinda stumped about it. I'm getting in a black spandex suit, but not quite sure I'd I want to attach the a mesh suit on top of it, or what.

the most popular and IMHO best looking process is to build a separate suite just out of mesh with a zipper up the back. Attach the foam pieces the the under suit and wear it over the spandex

I assume we'd better not use hot glue onto clothes while wearing them, and so I was wondering : on a stretchable undersuit how to be sure to attach the various parts with the good placement, this when you don't wear it ?

I'm debating on doing a duct tape dummy. That way I can put the suit on it and glue away with the right proportions.

I can't wait to make this one here is a pic i made when the movie can out.
I am thinking about turning the blend file into a pep for the batarangs or the chest symbol. :)

Time to put up or shut up! After a week and a half or so this is as far as I got but with two kids and a full time job what do you expect. :unsure
With no further ado here it is!
2013-02-06_10-49-38_404_zpsa1414e3b.jpg

2013-02-06_10-49-44_687_zpsea93eafb.jpg

I assume we'd better not use hot glue onto clothes while wearing them, and so I was wondering : on a stretchable undersuit how to be sure to attach the various parts with the good placement, this when you don't wear it ?

Actually, when I did a foam Batman for TDKR premiere, I glued my pieces directly to a friend (who was going as batman) that wore an underarmor style compression shirt. I cannot recall if he wore another shirt under it, but I'm 98% sure he did not. We did a test piece using hotglue at mid temperatures and he reported no extreme discomfort or burning, just some warmth. So, I continued in this fashion and he ended up fine. Not suggesting that this will always be the case, but just elaborating on my experience just in case anyone is overly lazy or strapped for time. I don't condone this action, and do so at your own risk :cool

Well its nearing completion for me. Still have some leg plates to attach. The cowl is done as well just no pics yet. Also going to increase the size of the chest piece probably 7% ish percent so it will sit right next to the ab plates.

Having a weird issue with gluing the plates on. Tried e6000, super 77, and hot glue and none of them are really sticking well to the spandex.

Hot glue is the most promising, however it still pops off occasionally. I'm starting to think its the blend of spandex on the body suit...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back