DSC00032.jpg

Couple of things went wrong but hey its a learning process
First Air bubbles:
DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

Some detail was lost but can be fixed with some sanding

Mostly i think it was the gelcoat that took the longest to set due, to the temp and that it was quite thick layer. Next time light coats (can you mix resin with gelcoat to thin it out?)

Glad to see a first pull. Are the airbubbles something that can work out? I know you cant get rid of them entirely but must be able to be improved. Still a great piece though :lol: Would love to have one of these in the future and perhaps design my own armour to compliment it.

looks great for a 1ST pull, i guess the beauty of resin stuff is you can fill and sand.

on a small side note it already looks wicked without any painting, from the look of the pictures :lol:

Glad to see a first pull. Are the airbubbles something that can work out? I know you cant get rid of them entirely but must be able to be improved. Still a great piece though :lol: Would love to have one of these in the future and perhaps design my own armour to compliment it.

Yep the air bubbles easy fixable a bit of wet and dry and all gone.

Also the reason that it looks that way is because i had powder the mold with metal cold cast just to test to see how if it works. But for the next one i'm going to leave it black as it may have reacted to the gelcoat.

If i was not ONLY going screen used bios, id be pm'ing you for one of these.

as thats one sweet bio. far away from the normal pred look, but still looks predlike, if that makes sense.

You've done a really good job on that mate, it looks the bees knees. Great sculpt, and nothing wrong with the cast that a little sandpaper wouldn't fix.

:lol:

agreed...i like it. the finish without paint does look cool!! congrats on a job well done!! ok so now "the" question....will you be selling and how much??

I thought this was painted so I'd be tempted to leave it alone and paint a second cast. Unusual styling makes it stand out from the crowd of excellent Bio's on the Lair.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back