The Book Of The Dead from The Mummy (1999)

PropsToHistory

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So a couple weeks ago I purchased the resin kit from adamata . I was gonna set it to the side and wait to build it, but couldn't. So here's the start of my build thread for it.
20190919_152349.jpg
20190919_152328.jpg

this is how it came. Great casts.

20190928_201056.jpg

did a little filling of some air bubbles.

then 2 coats of primer, sanded to 1000 grit, followed by 2 coats of semi-gloss black and a bunch of weathering powders later.
20190928_222753.jpg

I'm now onto the gold bits, which I'll post as I finish.

Love this. Texturing is great. Any pics of how you antiqued the gold? Though I've been a modeler for years, I've never mastered this.

My next video is a PKE Meter from GB. After that Im doing the Key for the Book of the Dead, where Im going in depth on how to antique gold. But its Bright Star Gold by Gaia Lots opf very heavy black and brown washes then pastel chalks. 2 weeks and the key video will be out

Thanks for the info. Boy, that weathering looks good! I've got some chalk pastels I've been using in modeling along with some Vallejo paints. I think I just need to expand my paints a little more and experiment.

Thanks for the info. Boy, that weathering looks good! I've got some chalk pastels I've been using in modeling along with some Vallejo paints. I think I just need to expand my paints a little more and experiment.
I experiment everytime I do one of these videos. It's my way to try new materials and techniques

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back