The Book of Boba Fett

So they made an entire series based around a well loved character only for him to be hung out to dry and anoy the Heck of a lot of diehard fans...
I smell a rat/rodent/mouse

Suprised he didn't jump back into the Sarlacc pit!

20220511_160332.jpg

Last edited:
Ha- was worth a shot
No joke, every time we watch something and the “magic” is broken, she is disappointed. I watched a Marvel thing many months ago about Wanda Vision, and when they said Paul Bettany was wearing a fake butt to fill out his pants, she was dismayed. She said “you literally can’t trust anything, because if they’re faking that, then what else isn’t real?” LOL

We talked about it later and she said she hates stuff like that because she gives everything the benefit of the doubt on being real. We had just watched a movie (that she’d seen multiple times), which had CGI seagulls in it. I told her, “I bet you didn’t even know those seagulls weren’t real last night.” She got up and left, LOL.

No joke, every time we watch something and the “magic” is broken, she is disappointed. I watched a Marvel thing many months ago about Wanda Vision, and when they said Paul Bettany was wearing a fake butt to fill out his pants, she was dismayed. She said “you literally can’t trust anything, because if they’re faking that, then what else isn’t real?” LOL

We talked about it later and she said she hates stuff like that because she gives everything the benefit of the doubt on being real. We had just watched a movie (that she’d seen multiple times), which had CGI seagulls in it. I told her, “I bet you didn’t even know those seagulls weren’t real last night.” She got up and left, LOL.
If you really want to make her head explode, show her this…

Sean

...and that's why many Directors are refusing to show a behind-the-scene portion of their movies. The magic is gone, once the curtain is open:oops:
Your wife is not the only one, Jodo, to hate it with a passiono_O:p

...and that's why many Directors are refusing to show a behind-the-scene portion of their movies. The magic is gone, once the curtain is open:oops:
Your wife is not the only one, Jodo, to hate it with a passiono_O:p
It's a shame they keep finding footage of classic movies and so called lost scenes, they aren't lost they were considered not good enough for the final cut and when have you ever seen anything that may have added to that particular movie... Same with lost Beatle, Elvis etc... Not lost rejected by the Artist Producer or label.

I blame the DVD culture cramming crappy content with everything from bit part players to the guy who ran George Lucas a Coffee geez!

It's a shame they keep finding footage of classic movies and so called lost scenes, they aren't lost they were considered not good enough for the final cut and when have you ever seen anything that may have added to that particular movie... Same with lost Beatle, Elvis etc... Not lost rejected by the Artist Producer or label.

I blame the DVD culture cramming crappy content with everything from bit part players to the guy who ran George Lucas a Coffee geez!

I look at it totally opposite. It's amazing what they can do with CGI and practical - both separately and together.

It still kills me that in TPM that Naboo's waterfall was a guy wearing dishwashing glove and letting salt flow out of his hand and that crowd scenes were #$%^ing painted qtips and a hair dryer!

I look at it totally opposite. It's amazing what they can do with CGI and practical - both separately and together.

It still kills me that in TPM that Naboo's waterfall was a guy wearing dishwashing glove and letting salt flow out of his hand and that crowd scenes were #$%^ing painted qtips and a hair dryer!
Totally blown away when I learned that when I was a kid..

Who would have ever thought.

Not sure what your referring too here, I'm talking about Old movies with what amounts to Cutting room floor footage originally deemed useless/slowing pace/flow of movie so rejected by a director or studio only to resurface as a hidden gem when that's not really the case..

This is an interesting point and almost the start of these Made for DVD shorts breaking down a movie specifically and with the intention of later being sold on a Home format.
Prior to these type of movies and it wasn't Every movie you might get a Behind the scenes teaser/advert (which is what it was) show on TV to entice the viewer into going to the flicks. This was back in the day say late 70s where Movies were a Big thing on TV and blockbusters were a waiting game to view on the small screen. Don't forget this was pre cable/satellite or video, there were those of us who would tape these shows on an audio cassette to listen too again. The other reason was directors would often have a second unit to shoot a mini real to appease the investors and or as a private recollection of the process in celluloid.
This was a similar process for photos using them for Continuity shots, locations Advertising and the good old production crew who often had a unique eye and could get candid shots whilst on a movie..
That's why I don't collect movies anymore well not in the same way and the reason I don't work on productions as I don't want to spoil the Magic..

I would like to see the "Entire 2001 A Space Odyssey" with the 17minutes Stanley cut from it...would that additional footage change the movie?
I don't think so; but it would be fun to see non the less;)
As for the "Cutting Footage"; a lot of scenario are probable: first viewing with the suits...first audience with cards + comments...first special showing...or simply the Director wanting to change something in his movie.

I would like to see the "Entire 2001 A Space Odyssey" with the 17minutes Stanley cut from it...would that additional footage change the movie?
I don't think so; but it would be fun to see non the less;)
As for the "Cutting Footage"; a lot of scenario are probable: first viewing with the suits...first audience with cards + comments...first special showing...or simply the Director wanting to change something in his movie.
I remember seeing an advance screening of Disneys Dinosaur with an audience aimed at kids and families the cut we saw was more brutal with blood kills.. We wrote what we liked disliked then handed in score cards they kept half a dozen kids back, prolly to do those face to camera adds going "It's Amazing" etc.. My son was only five or six and my name is T REX so we obviously liked it.. The CG was pretty good from memory and I still have the fridge magnets lol..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back