The Book of Boba Fett

Yeah, this is where I come out. I enjoyed the show quite a bit. I get why people were disappointed, and I do think the Mando bits were a little shoehorned in.

But to me, the real issue is pacing and payoffs. The end payoffs were, you know, fine, but it didn't quite have the emotional weight it should've because we spent a bunch of time on unrelated stuff with an unrelated guy and his unrelated ward. As noted, that should've just been in Mando S3, and then give BOBF time to breathe a little more.

The vespa gang just felt off. They can't get around that. I didn't loathe them the way it seems many do, but while they seemed like kind of a cool concept, the execution just didn't translate. I mean, theoretically, a gang that's into cyber-modification (at least as I recall) and custom speeders? THAT should be cool. In practice...well...considerably less cool than in theory.

I do dig the "Unforgiven in space" thing. I think a lot of people just wanted badass Boba Fett kickin' ass across the galaxy, though. Seems that's what people tend to want in a lot of Star Wars properties, rather than character evolution.
Thats basically how I feel about it. Cool parts and ideas, just not executed so well at times. Mando could have had a scene or two, but not the whole entire episode.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back