The Blue Box - The TARDIS has landed!

Re: The Blue Box

lol nice. But yeah a he calls it the BARDIS. Not sure if he is on the RPF I know he's on a few other boards. I won't post a pic here as it's GF's thread but it was an interesting use. Very well done. And I'm not even a drinker.

Construction on the roof begins shortly.
I think the most time-consuming part of this build is going to be the doors and window panels.

In mine, the roof was somewhat difficult as I wanted it exactly like the prop, so very light. That meant the seams had to be built with no inside bracing. So it took awhile and was the single most time-consuming part.

The panels weren't terrible, but because there are so many, it did take time.

Last edited:
20120820_135200.jpg

20120820_135132.jpg

20120820_154503.jpg

It's pretty incredible to see the pieces come together like this.
I'm looking forward to the next step, thank you all for your kind words and support!

No doubt it will be lighter, by 10 times at least I'm sure.

The way it has to go together, it really HAS to be light. It's going to take two people on ladders working together to carefully place it on top - and as you can see in the photos, this thing is HUGE!!

Forget the TARDIS, I want your workshop...Is that home or work?

You are seeing my father's workshop in PA.
I'm still pinching myself as I cannot believe this thing is even being built in this shop - very exciting for all of us in my family.

Work has begun on the roof. This is actually a bit less complicated than the base and should be done in a week.
Stay tuned for photos...

Jimmy, my birthday is coming up at the beginning of October...in case you were wondering. ;)

Beautiful work. Can't wait to see it in person and cling to the outside. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back