The Betty model, replica prop fix

Find the differences in the pictures:

Answers:

The moon is in a different place.
The moon is turned around.
The arrangement of the stars is reversed.
There are a different number of stars.
The figure is reversed.
The font is different.
The name Betty is in a different place.
Screenshot_20230325-134108_20230325140620531_20230325141042297.jpg

I think the real trick will be cutting out the circle without losing the composition.

Last edited:
Find the differences in the pictures:

Answers:

The moon is in a different place.
The moon is turned around.
The arrangement of the stars is reversed.
There are a different number of stars.
The figure is reversed.
The font is different.
The name Betty is in a different place.
View attachment 1683682
I think the real trick will be cutting out the circle without losing the composition.
I stand corrected.

Been a while, I know. Too busy building to post updates. We all know updates take time, so here I go.
I joined the rear 'spoiler' together and detailed it. Not entirely finished, but close. Built the support pistons and test fit them.
IMG_4987.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

The double tank hulls have been located to position and detailed.
IMG_4955.JPG
IMG_4957.JPG
IMG_4979.JPG
IMG_4982.JPG

I located the secondary engines and added the piping details.
IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG

The big item was the side panels. Port side is a mirror of the
Starboard side.
IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_4901.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG
IMG_5022.JPG

I'll post a more in-depth update on the website in the near future. Thanks for looking!

What a thread! Lots of interesting reference and great results. Your work is very inspiring.
About the renshape, what density is typically used in these applications? Never used it but would like to try.

Thank you everyone!
joberg, the reshape I prefer is the Butter Board, R1/BB non-abrasive 48D. Gives the best un-primed finish. There are different densities that become more coarse. Each has its own use.

Thank you everyone!
joberg, the reshape I prefer is the Butter Board, R1/BB non-abrasive 48D. Gives the best un-primed finish. There are different densities that become more coarse. Each has its own use.
Thanks srspicer, but the renshape question was from HMR;)(y)(y) I guess you've killed 2 birds with one stone on that one:)

Ok, final update. The Betty is completed. Normally I send out all of my model work in a state of smooth and sanded primer, not the case here. There simply was not enough time. I needed to get the model to the client. Here are a few images. If you have the time, please visit the web site for the full story. Thanks for all of the kind words and the support! More Sci-Fi projects are on the bench to share in the near future. Here is the link to the web site; ‘The Betty’ from Alien Resurrection. | SRS Prototyping LLC
IMG_5116 2.JPG
IMG_5117 2.JPG
IMG_5118.JPG
IMG_5122.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG
IMG_5126.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back