The Batman

If its not on WB's official YouTube page, then nope. They said they were releasing new stuff during their FanDome event in October. Doubt we will see anything before that.

I don't see a problem with multiple villains as long as they only focus on one, perhaps two at most and the others are just petty criminals. If they continue the story they can develop those smaller roles later and just establish them in this movie. I think they handled Scarecrow well in the Dark Knight trilogy. He was present in Batman Begins and when you think about it there were 3 villains in that movie and it balanced well because they didn't all have an equal role in the story. You had Raz, as the main antagonist, Scarecrow, and Falconi. If done right I think having that many adversaries can work, but it has to be balanced so that you aren't wasting too much screen time delving into the stories of every single character to a degree that it robs the focus from the protagonist.

I am intrigued to see more trailers for this.

I think Batman in general works better as a concept & story when GOTHAM itself is the 'villain'. What I mean by that is, there's CONSTANT crime & corruption that he's always battling against, but never a sign that it's going to get better. It's that struggle against the unyielding enemy of human nature, knowing that it's unwinnable, but continuing to fight against it every night, that makes Batman who he is to me.

In my mind, each of his Rogue's Gallery members is always either in the planning stages of something, or in the midst of it. Penguin is running some underworld thing, Falcone has something going on at the docks, Catwoman is stealing something, & the Joker is just sowing anarchy. That's on top of Gotham just being Gotham. Batman's aware of all of it, but has to prioritize his efforts.

Other than Batman Begins, I'm not sure a film about him has really shown that, & I can't really say how to do it, but I guess I'm just saying that Batman is Batman to me when he almost has TOO MUCH on his plate.

I think Batman in general works better as a concept & story when GOTHAM itself is the 'villain'. What I mean by that is, there's CONSTANT crime & corruption that he's always battling against, but never a sign that it's going to get better. It's that struggle against the unyielding enemy of human nature, knowing that it's unwinnable, but continuing to fight against it every night, that makes Batman who he is to me.

In my mind, each of his Rogue's Gallery members is always either in the planning stages of something, or in the midst of it. Penguin is running some underworld thing, Falcone has something going on at the docks, Catwoman is stealing something, & the Joker is just sowing anarchy. That's on top of Gotham just being Gotham. Batman's aware of all of it, but has to prioritize his efforts.

Other than Batman Begins, I'm not sure a film about him has really shown that, & I can't really say how to do it, but I guess I'm just saying that Batman is Batman to me when he almost has TOO MUCH on his plate.
Well the Arkham games do a great job of an overworked Batman.

Asylum has Batman having to deal with Arkham Asylum and a good deal of his rouges gallery.

City turns it up with the entire city turning against him (citizens basically left the section of Gotham you are in).

And Knight turns it up to eleven with Batman mentally struggling against Joker and physically against his gallery and a new villain. Batman arguably gets overwhelmed and “loses” in Knight.

Well the Arkham games do a great job of an overworked Batman.

Asylum has Batman having to deal with Arkham Asylum and a good deal of his rouges gallery.

City turns it up with the entire city turning against him (citizens basically left the section of Gotham you are in).

And Knight turns it up to eleven with Batman mentally struggling against Joker and physically against his gallery and a new villain. Batman arguably gets overwhelmed and “loses” in Knight.
Amen

Just as in the teaser trailer, this is looking really good to me. We've been mislead by trailers before but I really hope this is as good as it's looking so far!

I was surprisingly impressed with that teaser. I'm not totally sold on this new trailer though some of the shots looked incredible. The firefight in the dark hallway looked great. I do like how brutal the gunfire looks as well as the fact that these things are being shot at point blank range. Thus far I think Colin Farell is the most impressive person I've seen so far. The guy is invisible in that make up and his voice is totally different. Had I not known it was him I would have never guessed it.

I'll give this movie a chance. Batman is one of the few comic book characters that somehow works with different interpretations because psychologically there's a lot going on there with Bruce and his entire roster of villains so I'm open to seeing this.

Have to agree it looks very well done, especially for a teaser. There were some awesome moments. I really like that Pattinson's Batman voice doesn't seem too over the top. Looking forward to it.

He looks like one very angry Bat! Saying he doesn’t care what happens to him, it sounds like he’s one rage driven self destructive dude. Coupled with the noir detective aspects rumored, it’s going to be a very interesting take. Yes Batman is a genius tactician, but he’s got some major psychological issues and it would be great to showcase that and watch the journey from his early career to a more mature and collected Batman, with his allies. Hopefully we get to see that if Pattinson is willing to stick around for a few years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back