The Batman

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JoeG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If its not on WB's official YouTube page, then nope. They said they were releasing new stuff during their FanDome event in October. Doubt we will see anything before that.

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't see a problem with multiple villains as long as they only focus on one, perhaps two at most and the others are just petty criminals. If they continue the story they can develop those smaller roles later and just establish them in this movie. I think they handled Scarecrow well in the Dark Knight trilogy. He was present in Batman Begins and when you think about it there were 3 villains in that movie and it balanced well because they didn't all have an equal role in the story. You had Raz, as the main antagonist, Scarecrow, and Falconi. If done right I think having that many adversaries can work, but it has to be balanced so that you aren't wasting too much screen time delving into the stories of every single character to a degree that it robs the focus from the protagonist.

I am intrigued to see more trailers for this.

batguy

Sr Member
The villain thing is a balancing act.

The studios always want about 28 villains in any given movie.

The best creative drama usually favors about 1 or 2.

The popular compromise is to have 1-2 main ones + introduce others on the side. But then they run the risk of mishandling the side villains and damaging their worth for a later movie.

Usagi Pilgrim

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think Batman in general works better as a concept & story when GOTHAM itself is the 'villain'. What I mean by that is, there's CONSTANT crime & corruption that he's always battling against, but never a sign that it's going to get better. It's that struggle against the unyielding enemy of human nature, knowing that it's unwinnable, but continuing to fight against it every night, that makes Batman who he is to me.

In my mind, each of his Rogue's Gallery members is always either in the planning stages of something, or in the midst of it. Penguin is running some underworld thing, Falcone has something going on at the docks, Catwoman is stealing something, & the Joker is just sowing anarchy. That's on top of Gotham just being Gotham. Batman's aware of all of it, but has to prioritize his efforts.

Other than Batman Begins, I'm not sure a film about him has really shown that, & I can't really say how to do it, but I guess I'm just saying that Batman is Batman to me when he almost has TOO MUCH on his plate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.