The Batman 2022 Batarang Replica

Hey I’m making a mold of one hopefully this week or next depending on the weather it’s slightly scaled down at about 96% of original size for my costume build but I’d be willing to make casts for others if there’s interest I can send pictures when it’s complete. I’ll be making mine in carbon fiber cause why not
Are you on Instagram? I’m very interested in this and would love to talk to you more about some of the details i.e. sourcing the piece, price, size, shipping, etc

im on instagram but dont really use social media havent posted anything of it. I have a file i started with but have but modifying it with all of the updated details from the book and what not. ill post some pics here when i havbe something worth showing. its currently a resin print but im redesigning the knife hook/clip thing with the holes that are on it and drilled out the area for the torx head screw.

So I did the WB Studio Tour today. When I got to the gift shop I inquired about their store exclusive batarang replica that I was surprised to still see on display. They seemed a bit doubtful at first but the employee asked their manager and then the manager went and checked in the back, and eventually came back with one, apparently after some digging.

The employee was kind enough to offer without prompt to open and check the item for quality (due to the price), and due to a minor blemish (on the display case, not the bararang itself) I asked if I could possibly compare it to a second. They were happy to oblige, but when the manager got back she said there was not a single box left! She said she even checked the "online stock" (reserved for online orders) with intent to swap one, and discovered that they were completely cleaned out of all stock. (Of course we here already know online stock is gone) As it was the last one, the manager asked another person to put away that display model.

It's significantly overpriced for what it is but to see one in front of me available and ready... I went for it. And I guess I snatched the last one!
I might have had more fortitude if it weren't for my lovely girlfriend (surprisingly) encouraging me to go for it, but she stated she knows how passionate I've been about this new Batman movie and she was a fan of how "classy" the display case looked.

I'll likely still be on the lookout for a more screen-accurate replica in the future (one that retains the curve of the chest, which is apparently the version that survived to the final cut) but for now I get to enjoy looking at this:
O8izmOZ.jpg

(that leather texture is just the reflection of the couch)

So I did the WB Studio Tour today. When I got to the gift shop I inquired about their store exclusive batarang replica that I was surprised to still see on display. They seemed a bit doubtful at first but the employee asked their manager and then the manager went and checked in the back, and eventually came back with one, apparently after some digging.

The employee was kind enough to offer without prompt to open and check the item for quality (due to the price), and due to a minor blemish (on the display case, not the bararang itself) I asked if I could possibly compare it to a second. They were happy to oblige, but when the manager got back she said there was not a single box left! She said she even checked the "online stock" (reserved for online orders) with intent to swap one, and discovered that they were completely cleaned out of all stock. (Of course we here already know online stock is gone) As it was the last one, the manager asked another person to put away that display model.

It's significantly overpriced for what it is but to see one in front of me available and ready... I went for it. And I guess I snatched the last one!
I might have had more fortitude if it weren't for my lovely girlfriend (surprisingly) encouraging me to go for it, but she stated she knows how passionate I've been about this new Batman movie and she was a fan of how "classy" the display case looked.

I'll likely still be on the lookout for a more screen-accurate replica in the future (one that retains the curve of the chest, which is apparently the version that survived to the final cut) but for now I get to enjoy looking at this:
View attachment 1568644
(that leather texture is just the reflection of the couch)
Okay, I'm a bit jealous. I really wanted to see this in person and had already talked myself out of it for the same reasons you state above. Overpriced, not screen accurate, not metal... But I would have done the same thing in your shoes. Something about WB limited edition stuff that tweaks my collector gene. I now have four different maker versions of the chest glyph/emblem and will probably get a couple more.

If you get the urge to unload this one, let me know. I honestly really love the case display and would love it to place one of the other ones inside.

Enjoy the rarity!

S

Very nice! Can he share how he did it?
I got this one from Etsy and plan to paint it up!
That's the one he finished and painted, too.

He reached out to Rut for weathering advice on it. She said for the film they painted and sealed them in Alumaluster silver/chrome. Then used black acrylic on top of that. After the acrylic dries use alcohol and cotton swabs to remove the black around the edges and lighten up spots for weathering. It won't mess up the silver.

My brother ran with that idea, but tweaked it. After he sanded, primed, sanded, primed, and sanded some more, he used Chrome Krylon spray paint. Alumaluster is expensive and this was his first one so he went the cheaper route. After the silver dried he used black acrylic from a paint set he got at Hobby Lobby. Thinned it with water. Brush on. Let that dry fully. He says if it doesn't dry fully before you use the alcohol it'll come off in chunks/chips instead of layers. So make sure it's dry first or else you won't get the rubbed light areas, just chipped effect with hard edges if that makes sense.

The small scratches he used a push pin. It'll scratch the black without ruining the silver underneath. For the surface scratches/marks that don't quite go all the way thru to the silver... He just used the paint brush handle and Zorro'd it a little to give that abused look lol

He used the 70% alcohol and had great results. Don't know if 90% will do any better or worse (he didn't want to try the 90 mid way thru after starting with the 70) but he wanted me to share that detail.

Little tip, the alcohol will smooth out brush strokes if you go too thick with the black. Just be patient and gentle. It's fun and very rewarding doing something new and having successful results.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back