The Babadook pop up book

Just a small update:

45e69e21-d834-4b57-8ec0-59875e5dd2e2.png

Here is our July update from Babadook writer/director Jennifer Kent!

Hi all, Just a very quick update for July as our
June update contained a detailed timeline for
printing and delivery. This timeline is still in
effect and we’re traveling along nicely, but
still wanted to check in and say hello!

We should receive the VS copies (verification samples)
of the book this week. These samples will be the real
deal i.e. the book as you will receive it. We are getting
these to make sure Babadook hasn’t messed with the
work during the printing and assembly process and that
everything is perfect.

We’ll send pics of the VS once we get it. But just wanted
to say a hello and let you know all is traveling well while
July is still with us!

X Jen

f9a07b1a-ce5f-40a6-b52e-399ac1eefb8c.png

Wow... these are not even done and people are selling their spots for over $300 US dollars?
$80 shipped when this started and now people up charging that much? I want one but can't swallow that much of an increase. Won't it suck if the makers announce that they made an extra hundred or so during the run and are still asking $80.00?:lol

I know I will wait to see if they did make extras.

Exciting news guys! The book looks awesome! And delivery is so close now! :)

Here is our August update from Babadook writer/director Jennifer Kent!
3e30f37d-4a56-438c-bacf-111d8e2a6e50.jpg
08e5f822-4b3a-4198-abb9-2a272dfcf26d.jpg
Hi buyers,We received our VS (verification samples) of the book. This is the final copy of the book as you will receive it. I have to say it looks SUPERB. It looks so much like the book in the film, I think you better all keep your copies under lock and key or you may start to experience weird goings on at your place.

The illustrations look beautiful, contrast and detail is excellent, fabric cover is the perfect red…. it’s a thing of beauty from top to bottom. I’ve included some photos of it in this email, as a teaser

I’m so happy we’ve gone the extra mile on this because it’s a stunner, built to last (unless you try to rip it up or burn it, then you know what will happen….)​
63ec8c9b-0098-46f2-9092-e19bd961ec64.jpg
b2d273d1-1d52-4356-a706-5bc245a02fee.jpg
f3f77aa4-93b8-4d16-8dad-93af6aefb6e8.jpg
So, next step!
  • You will be receiving another email from us very soon, asking you to confirm your current postal address for book delivery.
  • All the books are being constructed over August and will start to be shipped out early September. The first shipment of 2,500 will arrive on doorsteps late September, with all other orders to arrive in early October, as per our June update.
  • You will receive further details about your delivery once they have been sent out, giving you a tracking number etc. Each book will have to be signed on delivery, so there will be no confusion about whether you received your book or not.
9f29498f-2d51-40fe-a21b-d84c5d64500b.jpg
Thanks once again to each and every one of you for being such great supporters of this project. Your commitment to purchasing this book up front was the only way we could ever have made it a reality; the only way we could get the existing pages from the film just right and also create new pages to make it a stand alone work. You are amazing people to have that faith in us, and now I’m finally looking at the finished product, I feel you will be rewarded with something well worth waiting for.

Count down to book delivery is now on!!

Warm regards,

Jen

If someone really wants one of these, there is a spot for sale for £250 in the junkyard... That's about 4 times the original price, I think... :rolleyes

Jeeze, let the scalping begin. I believe I paid $80. Better off hopping onto the waitlist.

I really believe with all the delays and work they put into this project, they most certainly will have made extras... And they will probably sell them close to if not at the original price. At least I hope. :lol

Someone is selling their spot over in the junkyard, but be prepared to cough up 4 times the initial cost of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone is selling their spot over in the junkyard, but be prepared to cough up 4 times the initial cost of these.
Thanks for the help. Kind of embarrassed about this, but I tried to find the junkyard and am not sure where this is. I'm rather new here. Can you provide me a little more information how to find this?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. Kind of embarrassed about this, but I tried to find the junkyard and am not sure where this is. I'm rather new here. Can you provide me a little more information how to find this?

Thanks again.

Up in the top menu bar, go under "classifieds", and then click Junk Yard.

Just received an email requesting confirmation of my order # and shipping address! :)

The Babadook Pop Up Book - Update Your Address
71a246b5-78e0-4e37-b1e4-f9fc4e8d4d60.jpg
The time has finally arrived - we need your address!
Hi there Baba-bookers,With the printing of the book going well, and the timeline on track, we need your final shipping address.​
First up, we will need the details of your ORIGINAL order. A confirmation number, or combination of name, address and email address will enable us to verify it. If it was a gift, please tell us who gifted it to you.
We will then require your NEW address in the following format:​
  • First and Last Name
  • Best contact email address
  • Unit or House number and street, or building (if applicable)
  • City, State, Country
  • Postal Code
Either reply to this email, or send your details to babadook.address@gmail.comand we will update your existing order.​
NO BOOK WILL LEAVE OUR DEPOT UNTIL WE HAVE HEARD FROM YOU!
IMPORTANT NOTES
  • Please make sure this address is valid for the coming months of September and October.
  • If you know you will be moving, or are unsure of where you will be in the coming months, please give us an address of someone you know isn't moving i.e. family members or close friends.
  • All books will be sent out with a tracking number and will have to be signed for on delivery, so you (and we) can be assured all deliveries will be accounted for.

As always, thank you for your patience and support. The road has been long, but we are incredibly excited to bring you a keepsake that is as beautiful as it is terrifying.

The Babadook Team :)
5e114775-d199-4fdc-9f92-f0213d5985fd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're being honest, after these books come out, expect the price is drastically jump up through the holidays. Item will be considered a collectors item and odds are will more than 5x it's price on the secondary market (ebay). Just count on it lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back