The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I'm actually intrigued, curious to see more shots, mainly how it's going to look on screen, post-production and all.

I think Electro looks pretty sick honestly, I bet it'll look even cooler on screen.

I hope he does, with some CGI electriciy emminating from him. Right now, he just looks like a guy with some fancy blue makeup. And I'm guessing the led's around the brim of the hood will be CGI'ed out so it looks like he's glowing.

Looks pretty cool to me.

zt3wwnA.jpg

vdpBgh0.jpg

54208839.png

64285601.png

Last edited:
I dont know, pretty let down from the lizard, looked like any other generic monster, Electro is not only blue, but Jamie Foxx? Cmon man, the casting director is a little off his rocker. Kind of like how Thor was supposed to be based on norse mythology, but they have an asian dude and a black dude in Asgard lol.

But I just dont think Ill like the make up. I know they cant do a yellow lighning bolt mask, but cmon. He looks like Dr. Manhatten so far. At least there isnt any Rhino to be seen...

So he looks like Avatar pretty much. BORING...

Everyone give up the comparisons...:rolleyes

Any blue character is: Avatar, Avatar, Dr. Manhattan, Smurfs, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

I imagine he will light up the screen with his electric current CGI'ed in.

And I remember thinking Lizard looked like a Goomba (He still does).

He looks a lot like the ultimate version of Electro. Are we at the point where lifting from credible source material is uninspired?

It can be spot on to the source material, but the film interpretation can still be uninspired if the original design is bland and boring.

He looks a lot like the ultimate version of Electro. Are we at the point where lifting from credible source material is uninspired?

Pretty much. I call it complaining to complain. First movie the suit was too far from the original, this movie its too much like the comic. Me, I'm waiting till the movie to say yay or nay.

Though personally I would have prefered green spandex and a star lightning bolt mask.

How can the suit being to close to the comic be a bad thing? I still cant get over how awesome the eyes are. I hope the web shooters arent lame like the first one.

If they are going for a more "Ultimate Electro" look will he be naked or ultimately wear some sort of suit when in full Electro mode?

I've not read the Ultimate Spidey comics so I don't know why the character has two different looks.

66A135E7-0150-4363-B8BC-5626846A826A-4982-00000A49FA03B364.jpg

spider-man-20050830040315243-000.jpg

I don't think anyone has brought this up, but according to an interview Jaimie Foxx did with MTV, Electro will have a pretty interesting origin story:
¨
SPOILERS:
“What you’ll see is that, for his whole life, no one is talking to him. People have stolen his ideas at the big company. He’s a nobody. At a certain point, Spider-Man bumps into him and says, ‘You’re my guy. You’re my ears and eyes on the street.’ Then he says his name, [Max] and no one has ever said [Max] Dillon’s name. He goes, ‘Wow’ and, when Spider-Man leaves, he sort of thinks that, “I am Spider-Man’s partner!” He’s cutting out Spider-Man’s face and pasting it on all his boards… Everything goes bad with his mom. She doesn’t remember his birthday. He has something tragic happen and, when it turns on, he lights it up.”

?Amazing Spider-Man 2?: Jamie Foxx Talks Electro Costume; Reveals Origin Story

Nothing about this movie makes me wanna see it. Even more so Jamie Foxx being in it. The casting is bad and that makeup is horrible. It's up there with Raimi's Spiderman 3 in bad enemy designs.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back