The Aether

Chromate

Hello,

I'm currently trying to make all the known infinity stones we've seen so far in the movies.
Right now I'm modelling the container for the Aether. There isn't a lot of reference since it was only shown in the bonus scene after Thor 2.
I'm pretty close to done right now and I'm mostly looking for some critique.

My model:
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
My reference:
Normal_thor-darkworld_5351.jpgAether_contained.png
I'm planning on using pieces of slate for the sides and a thick piece of acrylic for the center.
Files will be shared if there's interest.

Thank you for the pics, but it dosn't look 100% like the one used in the movie.
I'm trying to achieve near 100% screen accurate.

Chromate, I am really impressed by your design. Its as close as I've seen so far. My only question would be whether or not the handles pivot? But I am completely interested in your design, and would love for you to share your file so that I can add it to my growing collection of the infinity stones (tesseract, and orb are all I got so far).

So it has been a while since I've worked on this project, but I might start it up again.
@undeadmith, I found a file which had the dimensions measured from the scale model Murdoch posted.
@reptilejunkie, the handles are designed to pivot, but I still need to figure out the 3D print tolerances so the handle doesn't move around.

You should be able to download from this link: https://mega.nz/#!CIVxSbzL
Decryption key: !mg6COfDgKb-C10Wz-vOUO80MmG8NTjHDdqYIMT1tdKM

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back