The Abyss Remastered

What a sad state of affairs I find myself in when I am more excited about the opportunity to see a 30+ year old movie in the theater vs. anything new that is currently being offered in the cinemas.

I think that's the entire reason we keep getting releases of classic movies. The new stuff, with a few exceptions, are just poorly written stories from immature narcissists .

What a sad state of affairs I find myself in when I am more excited about the opportunity to see a 30+ year old movie in the theater vs. anything new that is currently being offered in the cinemas.
Welcome to my life for the past 10 years. I'm not complaining though. It's been awesome having the opportunity to catch all the great movies I never got to see on the big screen. I was kind of hoping the actors strike would last longer and we'd get even more lol.

Still waiting on The Search For Spock. ;)

Did they “Special Edition” Ed Harris’s hair?

IMG_1990.jpeg
IMG_1988.jpeg

george lucas laughing GIF by South Park

True but be glad there is another chance

What saddens me as well is many have not seen the Classics the way they were meant to be seen in theatres

True but be glad there is another chance

What saddens me as well is many have not seen the Classics the way they were meant to be seen in theatres
Agree with both of these sentiments. My 19 year old replied to me : “we CAN NOT miss this “ when I texted him about the one night only in theaters.

Yep! And from what I can tell, BOTH versions of the movie will be released in 4K. I may have to make my own edit, leaving in all the Special Edition footage EXCEPT for the wave...

Didn't get to see this in theaters, if it was even playing around me back then. But, the other day I watched a reaction video of someone watching the special edition.
I figured that way I could refresh my memory of the movie, without having to watch the whole thing, and then try and find this new 4k version...
I was thinking it was out already, but I guess it hits 4K discs March 12th...so next Tuesday. At least not a huge wait.
I never saw this in theaters, and even when I had originally seen it, it was a very long time ago, possibly on tv...I really do not remember.
I was reading between the versions, and didn't realize that so much was cut out, like most of the ending, including the whole tidal wave scene.

Although, even watching this as a reaction video, I did remember a good amount of it, just not everything.
The reviving scene with Ed Harris and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. I was thinking it was this movie, but couldn't remember actually...but yeah. Such perfect acting....or maybe not....I know they had a extremely frustrating shoot for this film...so maybe that was him just getting his anger out....lol.

Did anyone end up catching this in the theaters last December?
Did they update any visual effects or even add more scenes of any kind?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back