Texas Chainsaw Massacre Life-sized Display Leatherface

sirbrad

Sr Member
*Work in progress* Making this post as a placeholder since there will be a ton of pics. This is a cool project that I had planned for a long time now that I finally started on. Will take awhile, but will be doing it as I get time. I ordered a lot of Halloween props that will all be repainted to look more realistic, and I plan on doing a life-sized diorama and costume, reminiscent of the 1974 Movie Maniacs McFarlane Series 4 Leatherface figure, plus more. Still gathering up some materials and will be making everything when I get time. Will also be using these and some other items for a mask display for all my Leatherface masks. Should be fun!
Some of the props so far with their standard bad mass-produced paint ups. Will be repainting all of them most likely, and making the wood look more real and the blades like aged steel and rusted possibly. Lots more to come!

imag000216.jpg

imag00071.jpg

imag00063.jpg

imag00045.jpg

What bust will you be using for the head?
Looking forward to seeing this...kinda strange this came up, as today a friend and I were talking about making a 1:1 leatherface
keep us posted
Mike

Thanks. I won't be using a bust, but will be using a full mannequin and mask as with all my life-sized, and making the costume as usual. Not sure which mask yet but I have a few to pick from. But I do wearable costumes which also work great as a life-sized. I am known for my Jasons, especially the New Blood, and a several other characters. I am not still brainstorming a lot of ideas. This is just the beginning of a lot of TCM mask stuff I got planned. ;)

Just got these New Blood chains done as well using a new painting method and love how they came out, and got a lot of compliments about them so far on Facebook and people wondering if they are real lol. So I guess that means they came out well. These have the rusted aged steel look. Can also be darkened more. This lighter color shows the rust and aging very well, and what the Jason Lives chain would look like several years after being underwater. I prefer the more metallic look with the rust peeking through, and some grime on top as oposed to all black. These come shiny and black, and are a real pain to paint and sand, tons of tiny black pieces stick to you when you are done. But the end results are always worth it. One was a commission and the other will go with another New Blood commission. I might paint the meathooks this color and use those chains as they are even lighter for hanging on a shelf, or maybe use these not sure yet. But also making a mask display shelf.

imag00022s.jpg

imag00012.jpg

More progress pics: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Some more props, slaughtering hook, severed hands, and a paint bucket. I was going to use a real metal one but did not see the need to spend that much on one as I will probably discard it anyway when I run out of room. So will be making one that is disposable but looks cool.

CFX gloves which I wanted for a LONG time, custom painted for Leatherface and works great for human Jason and other characters.

Coming out great! Based it off a 1:6 scale figure and wanted to make it look a little bigger and scarier and keep the design simple as the foam is hard to cut out. So far so good! I decided not to use a bike chain because it adds a lot of weight, and even more work degreasing them. My goal is to make it as light as possible to pose with life-sized figures. But if I sell these I will offer them with no chain so you can add your own chain if you want. It would take 2-3 chains though and like I said weigh it down more. I like the stylized, sharp, and nasty looking chain look more than a plain bike chain. I would probably just put a real one before a bike chain, but then it is not safe or light either. Added tapes and some costmetic paint, now time to weather it and bloody it up!

imag00065.jpg

imag00085.jpg

imag00073.jpg

Thanks man! Really getting gory now! Adding the homeade blood gel with some chunks. Getting GOREgous. :) Outdoor photos will show the details better later.

imag0005r.jpg

imag0007wb.jpg

imag0006go.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back