Terminator: Genisys (Post-release)

ISNT THAT AXEL ROSE?? oops my bad.....:facepalm must be an alternate time line....that doesn't jive....or make sense....oh well.... CANT WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL!! :sick

Say what you will about Furlong, but I bet he can still show more emotion than Jai in any film. I don't know if it's just his acting is so bad,or maybe he was just miscast.

I tried to see this movie twice this week, TRIED! I have made about $20 and two free movie passes by NOT seeing this movie!!!

First was with a friend and free passes, but the focus crapped out and we were given a free pass and for some reason cash refunds. So I made about $20 and a free pass to a movie.

Today I went to another theater to see it in 3D, but the 3D was so bad the ten people in the theater all walked out after I had the manager come in and see for himself. Again a refund and free pass. Not sure what was up with the 3D but it was the Arclight with battery powered glasses. The color was off, the 3D blurred and ghosting so badly I couldnt tell who was fighting at Griffith Park. Another oddity is only two trailers were shown before the film. Makes me wonder if the 3D is an issue as an employee also made a statement that if there are any issues or such to inform them right away.

Maybe ill try again this weekend. At this point all I have to lose is making another $20.

The first time I tried to see this I was caught in 4th of July traffic so bad I would've been wicked late for the movie, so I gave up and went home. Ignoring the whisper of fate, I tried again a few days later and successfully saw this bland, made-for-TV feeling Terminator parody...you've dodged a bullet twice...why tempt fate?! :lol

Saw it last night. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.

I found it to be overly convoluted. Some fun action though and was neat to kinda sorta revisit the first film. I'd put it on par with T3, which I didn't mind for some fun nonsensical action. Definitely better than Salvation.

You know... I absolutely HATED the trailers for this movie. There wasn't a single thing in them that appealed to me and a lot that didn't... but it is a Terminator film, so I had to go see it. I LIKED IT... A LOT! Now, don't get me wrong. It was far from perfect and Emilia Clarke was almost unwatchable for the first 1/3 of the film, but for me, this film found a heart that the last two utterly lacked.

Were there plotholes? Of course! Show me a time travel movie where there aren't.

Did I like the idea of alternative timelines? Well why not? Everyone else is using them to get more mileage out of their properties and Terminator had the potential built in from the beginning due to time travel... unlike Star Trek that had to ham-fistedly force it on us to justify their otherwise inexplicable changes.

T-1000 was great.

Many questions left unanswered that leaves a lot of opportunity for future films.

Not really sure where all the hate is coming from.

At least they didn't go in and gender-swap everyone...

what did happen to the T1000? If memory serves the reason the liquid metal is "available" before Genisys goes online is he was backwards engineered from 1984. *scene missing

My confusion, and this was a head scratchier for me having read the script prior to any filming, is the ability to have a time machine in 1984 that can travel to the future. I assume the lazy way out is when Kyle arrives he is from the future further than they are going so in theory, one future has already happened.

Its too bad the movie didnt live up to the script and the casting, the terrible terrible casting.

You know... I absolutely HATED the trailers for this movie. There wasn't a single thing in them that appealed to me and a lot that didn't... but it is a Terminator film, so I had to go see it. I LIKED IT... A LOT! Now, don't get me wrong. It was far from perfect and Emilia Clarke was almost unwatchable for the first 1/3 of the film, but for me, this film found a heart that the last two utterly lacked.

Were there plotholes? Of course! Show me a time travel movie where there aren't.

Did I like the idea of alternative timelines? Well why not? Everyone else is using them to get more mileage out of their properties and Terminator had the potential built in from the beginning due to time travel... unlike Star Trek that had to ham-fistedly force it on us to justify their otherwise inexplicable changes.

T-1000 was great.

Many questions left unanswered that leaves a lot of opportunity for future films.

Not really sure where all the hate is coming from.

At least they didn't go in and gender-swap everyone...

Where the hate is coming from for me is primarily from the TONE of Genisys. It FEELS so generic. From "generic handsome man" Jai C (who sucks harder than the sun's gravity. Compare Michael B's traumatized soldier to Jai C and you'll start actively wishing Jai C gets a brain parasite) to "generic action sequence" on the Golden Gate Bridge to "generic direction" from what's his name...who directed this? Who cares? It looks like a TV movie. It looks cheap and warmed over and felt like it was written by a committee. And every single character except Arnie is horrifically miscast. And...man I could go on and on. Just a really forgettable movie that's trying way too hard but never earns any audience goodwill. I kept thinking of the Conan remake when I was watching it, oddly enough. That desperate desire to be "epic" and just ending up boring and irritating.

I went and saw this last night in 3D. Overall I liked it and rate it better than T3 - ROTM and TS and I am looking forward to owning the BD.

I thought the recreation scenes from the original were done reasonably well, though, how hard would it have been to get the punks right?

The main part that bugged me has been covered pretty well so far and that is the casting or mis-casting of John Conner. Even as a good guy before his transformation, he looked down right creepy. He didn't sell me as guy that could be trusted and would lead the human resistance. He was OK once transformed, I guess.

Whilst I liked the new Kyle Reese, he is no Michael Biehn and was just a tad too buff for someone from that future.

I though the choice for Sarah was great and I did like the new "trained" version of her.

And of course great to see the real (as well as a quite good looking CG) Arnold back on the big screen. OK I get the skin aging thing, but wouldn't a terminator need to eat and drink to keep its organics alive? They made a point about this for the first ROBO-COP and in the original THE TERMINATOR, he stinks because his flesh is starting to rot after just 2 days.

Given this is post release...why didn't Kyle and Sarah not get burned upon arriving in the future?

When Reese arrives in 1984, the Time Displacement sphere opens mid air and he falls to the ground. Yet for pretty much all the other times we've seen it, it melts or cuts through what ever it touches and usually leaves a huge red hot hollow in the ground. The one from T3 even turned the sand to glass, so yeah, pretty hot. Yet a naked Sarah and Kyle are not harmed in anyway.

It is true they are releasing two more Terminator films prior to 2018?

My main issue with with the movie is it wasn't clear what the limitation of John Connor's powers were. With a T-1000 we know it's capabilities and it can for knives and stabbing weapons along with changing shape.

JC could what? regenerate and change shape, which is no different than the above, apart from he's John Connor.

I just didn't get it.

John Conner (T-3000?) seemed to be almost made up of micro-bots which were only affected by strong magnetic fields.

The T-800 was a hyper alloy with hydraulics. There was a some fairly clear limits to what it could do or withstand in the first film, yet it speed and ability improved over the course of the sequels.
The T-1000 was polymimicalloy and could change shape into anything of equal size. It seemed to have no real power limits either but was affected by extremes of temperature. Where exactly is its chip stored?

The TX seemed to be a hybrid of both the T-800 and T-1000 with a few extra toys thrown in for pop corn value.

Don't even know how classify "Marcus" other than a custom made Terminator with a human heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so... Minions, or T5?

Unless your taking your kid to the cinema, T5. Don't even even waste time on the Minion movie - crap all round except the very end.

The T-1000 was polymimicalloy and could change shape into anything of equal size. It seemed to have no real power limits either but was affected by extremes of temperature. Where exactly is its chip stored?

Don't even know how classify "Marcus" other than a custom made Terminator with a human heart.

Only one way to classify him/it: stupid :p

The T-1000 obviously never had a chip. It is just one big blob made up of nano-bots, so small it essentially can act like liquid. Like many similar designs, one bot isn't very smart but when all combined into one... very smart, very dangerous. A bit like ants :p

Only one way to classify him/it: stupid :p

Fair call :)

The T-1000 obviously never had a chip. It is just one big blob made up of nano-bots, so small it essentially can act like liquid. Like many similar designs, one bot isn't very smart but when all combined into one... very smart, very dangerous. A bit like ants :p

Terminator (in this film is called "Guardian" - actually he is called Pops) says in the film that the mimic-poly-alloy is safe without its chip. What chip and where does it get stored in something that can flatten out to be thinner than paper? As you have stated, there was nothing to say how or what controlled the T-1000. So I like the idea that is not one, but millions of nanos joined to form one.

Both the TX and now this ageing T-800 both have a chip and have both an endo + m-p-a.

Fair call :)

Terminator (in this film is called "Guardian" - actually he is called Pops) says in the film that the mimic-poly-alloy is safe without its chip. What chip and where does it get stored in something that can flatten out to be thinner than paper? As you have stated, there was nothing to say how or what controlled the T-1000. So I like the idea that is not one, but millions of nanos joined to form one.

Both the TX and now this ageing T-800 both have a chip and have both an endo + m-p-a.

Exactly. Obviously if you write a film and you say *THE*(as in the ONE and only) T-1000 has a CPU chip... then you didn't watch T2. Flat against the floor, where's the chip? blown to tiny pieces.... where is the chip? :facepalm
Genisys :facepalm so much fail on so many levels.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back