Terminator 2

Today I got the rest of the mold made for the chest, will demold tomorrow and hopefully run silicone into the mold.
chest mold1.jpg

While I waited for the mold to cure, started the knee: Took the measurements I had to come up with the rest of the measurements (done this method for all the other pieces, sorry I didn't document.. didn't realize people would want to see this stuff)
knee measurements.jpg

Then I went into Adobe to make templates to scale:
template 11 x 17.jpg

This allowed me to trace the template on EVA foam sheets and make the knee in foam (at least this section so far)
eva foam.jpg

Smallish update as my time was limited today.
Demolded the mold and cleaned the clay and foam chest piece off the mannequin. Installed the permanent chest piece into the mannequin. Mold is ready to run silicone!! Tomorrow's project.
chest armor installed.jpg

chest flesh mold.jpg

Started to harden the eps foam leg/knee top
coat eps.jpg

Lots of sanding, cleaning. smoothing as well as attaching the other sides of the knee before I move onto sculpting the ripped flesh.

Not a big update today, did a lifecasting and a clay pour of a friend's hand that is about Arnold size... started gouging out for the endo finger bits:
hand.jpg

Added a little more gore and dirtied up the chest a little bit.. still needs more airbrush color... I need to make the skin tone slightly more olive and the bloody parts darker in some areas, more blue and yellows also, but I didn't break out the airbrush today... perhaps tomorrow...
more gore.jpg

Great work, this is badass Beaker. Can’t wait to see more updates. I second autobotjohn, if those right hands are getting casts, I’d buy one for sure

Not many updates this week. I ordered all my hair supplies, eyes, leather pants, engineer boots... Did work on finger endo parts (no pics, sorry)
Biggest thing I did by way of work is started to paint the head... needs a little more fine detail work then matte it out to get rid of shine. Next phase will be to cut out the silicone where the endo skull will show, then install the skull. Then install eye, run wire for endo eye led.. then start the hair punching.. long way to go yet.. oh, also got a little more of the knee done.
Happy Labor Day!
head paint.jpg

Haven't updated in a while because life... I finished painting the head, now for all the hair punching, skull fitting, eyeball fitting... etc...
Ready to mold the busted arm... working on the knee SLOWLY.. ugh... on a bright note, I got a killer Bandoleer from Chris Koehne who is totally amazing! Oh and I put a movable joint in the mannequin elbow so you can position the arm as you like.
Pics ahead...
head painted.jpg
skull.jpg
top knee.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back