Terminator 2 Stage 4 Paintup NEW EYES 8/10/12

Re: Terminator 2 Stage 4 Paintup WIP

Do you plan on lightening up the wig? It's too dark, almost black.

I wasn't going to, but since your suggestion I've lightened it up somewhat by drybrushing a lighter shade of brown onto the wig.

As for the hairline, it may be the photo angle, but I've gone in and tweaked it a little since your suggestion. With this particular wig, I'm not sure that there's much more I can do.

Have to agree on two counts.

1. Amazing skin tones
2. A tutorial on your technique would be most interesting.

Best
Taz

Yeah, I have to agree with what others have said, your skin tones and painting is exceptional, it truly does look like Silicone, excellent job.

Really awesome paint up!

Im also in agreement with Taz and HollywoodH on a paint tutorial,step by step picture or video how to if possible?

I hope you dont mind but i tried to adjust the hairline to how i think it matched closest to Arnies in T2,i understand it will be harder to match a manipulate a wig 100% to a resin bust,but i feel incorrect placing of wigs on fantastically painted busts spoils the final piece imo.

You have said you have tweaked it since so it may be fixed now.
Terminator7.jpg

Last edited:

Onrina, I totally agree with you, the hairline would look much better the way that you've altered it. I've looked at it carefully and sadly I just can't see how I could get it to look like that on my bust. The wig doesn't allow much alteration of the hairline and I'm not sure I could do it by gluing on clumps of hair and have it look any better. It'll be something to look out for on the next bust I do....

Anyways, the glass eyes finally arrived, so Arnie is finally finished (though I'm eyeing an accurate leather jacket which I may purchase and add at a later date). I will be the first to say, the irises are a touch too large, but these are the best non-custom eyes I could get that match Arnie's. Maybe someday down the line I'll upgrade them with custom eyes that have slightly smaller irises....

So, on to the finished pics:

Terminator8.jpg

Terminator8b.jpg

Terminator8c.jpg

Terminator8d.jpg

Re: Terminator 2 Stage 4 Paintup Finished 7/8/12

Again great paintup. I think the hair looks ok now, but those iris sizes problems make him look very very weird lol Perfect for a terminator lol

Tutorial no?

Best
TAZ

Cheers guys.

Yeah, I may just have to swap out the eyes at some point. The big irises bug me the more I look at it....

I'll see about posting up a step by step paintup tutorial on my Ash bust as I do it.

That's some amazing painting, it does look like silicone. I'm sad to hear about Citadel discontinuing those skin tones, those were the best for custom figures too.

Finally got Arnie some new eyes!

Here are the old ones (from GlassEyes.com) that I had in there (top), compared to the new ones that Tech Optics did for me (28mm with 11.3mm hazel iris) on the bottom:

Terminator9Eyes.jpg

And before:

Terminator8b-1.jpg

And after:

Terminator9b.jpg

And FINALLY finished finished:

Terminator9.jpg

Awesome job!!! Those new eyes make an incredible difference. I couldn't find any of the 11.3mm iris on Tech Optics. Is this something that they custom made for you? If you don't mind me asking how much were they. Great job once again.

Awesome job!!! Those new eyes make an incredible difference. I couldn't find any of the 11.3mm iris on Tech Optics. Is this something that they custom made for you? If you don't mind me asking how much were they. Great job once again.

I wrote to them about smaller irises and Jim said that there's a number of eye types they do that just aren't on their site yet. One of them is 28mm Half Dome Eyes (2/3 sphere) with 11.3mm irises. They can be done with either dilated or undilated pupils and with or without blood vessels in the whites.

These ones are their standard Hazel colour. I believe colour matching to a photograph or screencap is $20 more. These are also without blood vessels - with vessels is $30 more. These ones cost me $48 for the pair, plus shipping. Which is fantastic value for custom eyes. Just drop them an email - their customer service is top notch.

Looks great. Don't know if anyone else can see it but Arnold right eye, our left looks like its turned in a little too much. Slightly goggle eyed! Looks absolutely fantastic tho don't get me wrong

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back