Terminator 2 Stage 4 Paintup NEW EYES 8/10/12

Howlrunner

Sr Member
After finishing up my unscarred T3 bust, I knew I had to have Arnie with some battle scarring, and managed to pick up this great Stage 4 bust. Another chance to do some skin tones. :)

Bust primed, then endoskull sections hand painted with Humbrol silver, then masked off and spray painting with Halfords Chrome:

Terminator1.jpg

Skin tones applied. All done with a paintbrush. I used 5 different fleshtones produced by Warhammer, plus cream and blue/grey from Humbrol:

Terminator2.jpg

Blood applied:

Terminator3.jpg

And one with some spare cheap plastic dolls eyes in place to check out the look. I have just ordered correct glass eyes that match Arnie's, so these will be replaced when they arrive:

Terminator4.jpg

Any tweaks needed, feel free to give constructive feedback. :thumbsup

Next up will be the wig and eyebrows. I have the gregory wig already. And I'll need to be careful, as this is what can make or break these busts.

Last edited:
Re: Terminator 2 Stage 4 Paintup WIP

Yep, got that covered. :)

And one with some spare cheap plastic dolls eyes in place to check out the look. I have just ordered correct glass eyes that match Arnie's, so these will be replaced when they arrive:

I gotta say your paintwork makes it look like silicone. I thought it was a translucent resin at first. Really really nice work.

feel free to give constructive feedback. :thumbsup

Your havin a bleedin laugh :behave
I cant see where you could possibly improve on that!!

Thats an Amazing paint up! as someone else said it looks like silicone, kind of transparant, just plain old real looking :)
Warhammer colours eh... not Citadel colours by chance?

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Thanks guys. I'm really pleased with how he turned out.

And yes, most of it is the citadel paints. Though sadly they have just changed their whole paint range and elf flesh and dwarf flesh (the two best skin tones they do) have been discontinued and replaced with other shades that don't work as nicely.

Oh yes ,now that is just , Bad To The Bone.....love it ,if you dont like it ,I can give you my address and you can mail it to me............lol.......love your work.....

To reiterate what everyone else has been saying, these are some of the finest skin-tones I've seen on ANY bust, let alone a resin bust. Simply, utterly incredible. :eek

And THIS:

I don't own an airbrush. It's all done by applying paint with a brush and then smoothing it/rubbing it in with a finger.
...takes this piece to an astronomically, unprecedented level. My mind is blown. :eek :eek :eek :eek

I'm not ever going to be a bust painter, but I would LOVE to see a tutorial of how this kind of result is accomplished.

BRAVO. :thumbsup :thumbsup

OK, I've pretty much got him finished now.

I got the gregory wig glued down and the damaged section cut out (being sure to get the front of the hairline in the correct place for Arnold, compared with movie stills):

Terminator5.jpg

Admittedly, he looks terrible here.

Then I cut the hair:

Terminator6.jpg

Then I used some of the cut off hair to build the temple areas forward more, and used hairgel to style the wig:

Terminator7.jpg

Since this last photo, I have added the eyebrows (gluing on clumps of cut up wig-hair at a time), eyelashes (stuck on individually) and grey T-shirt. I will post up completely finished pics when his new correctly-coloured eyes arrive...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back