Temporary Hair Lightening

Matthew Gresham

I am debating cosplaying Obi Wan Kenobi and as you can see by the photo comparison my hair is much darker than Obi Wan's so I'm looking for some kind of non-chemical method to temporarily change my hair color to match a little closer to his. I know it won't matter to most but I'm trying for Rebel Legion approval so I want to be as accurate as possible. Any suggestions?
Obiwankenobi_dsws.jpg
DSC_0210.JPG
and

You can try tinted dry shampoo, I've used Batiste's blonde and dark brown versions - I actually used it for a The Last Jedi Luke cosplay to make my blond hair darker and it was pretty effective. It washes out easily and since it's dry shampoo, and you can control how light or dark your hair goes by how much you spray. One note, though, it's basically like tinted baby powder, so it can get on your clothes or hands, so I wouldn't use it until after you are dressed in whatever you're going to wear, particularly if you have any shirt that has to go over your head. I never had any problems with it getting on my clothes while spraying or after, but I did try to be careful when I sprayed, and I also used hairspray afterwards, which probably locked in the powder. If you spray too much too close to your head, it will color your skin too, but it wipes right off. I would hold my hand over my forehead to help control that, then just washed my hands after applying.
There's blonde, brunette, and dark versions, and they're easy to find at a lot of different stores. Not sure where you live, but they're available at a lot of major pharmacies, big box stores, and beauty supply stores, plus you can order them online. I'd guess the "beautiful brunette" would probably be the one you'd want. Ewen's hair looks reddish at times, and Batiste says red heads can use the brunette one. But I've also mixed the blonde and dark versions to get different shades, so you could also try that.

brilliantblonde-can-8bit.png
brunette-can-8bit.png
divinedark-can-8bit.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back