Temple of Doom: more mine car problems

...I think many scenes in many movies would fall apart if subjected to detailed scrutiny.
Absolutely. You either buy into each movie's premise and go along for the ride, or you don't. And if Willie Scott didn't annoy and irritate me so much I'm pretty sure I'd like Temple of Doom a lot more. I can overlook the raft being used as a parachute. I can overlook Indy using his foot to stop a speeding mine car. But I can't suspend disbelief enough to buy a guy with Indy's level of intelligence falling for such a dimwit regardless of how attractive she is. Of course, that's just my opinion. :cool

Absolutely. You either buy into each movie's premise and go along for the ride, or you don't. And if Willie Scott didn't annoy and irritate me so much I'm pretty sure I'd like Temple of Doom a lot more. I can overlook the raft being used as a parachute. I can overlook Indy using his foot to stop a speeding mine car. But I can't suspend disbelief enough to buy a guy with Indy's level of intelligence falling for such a dimwit regardless of how attractive she is. Of course, that's just my opinion. :cool

I have an MFA and most of the gals I hook up with can barely read. Even smart folks can have a weakness for the pretty ones, even if they are whiny morons :p

There so much more than just the mine scene that is ridiculous over the top stuff in that movie. The raft from the plane thing into the river sequence is just as bad.

It is just a movie, and it is entertaining in other parts, but those two scenes have bugged me even as a kid for being so cringe worthy

I love Temple of Doom but I can pick it apart like there's no tomorrow, it's full of idiotic moments but in my opinion The Last Crusade actually surpasses Temple of Doom in that regard.

The "invisible" painted walkway over the abyss at the end of Last Crusade was one of the most cringe-worthy moments in the series. If it wasn't for that severely offending moment then I think the whole movie would have been remembered as a notch more realistic.

It's bad enough when movies do blatantly unrealistic stuff but it shouldn't be showing up at a time so crucial to the plot climax. IMO they really needed a more plausible setup for Indy to make his leap of faith. That walkway bit was only tolerated because the audience already liked the movie so much by the end. If that gag had taken place in the first 1/2 hour of KOTCS we would be ripping it to pieces just as much as the nuked fridge, if not more.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back