Temple of doom mine car

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Check this out!
Made to scale of the 1/6 INDY!

cart.jpg

What Indy is that? It looks just like Harrison Ford.

I didnt build it. Khyber (Nathan) did. Its a Side Show Raiders Body..heavily modified.
hands..neck..and Chest resculpted... (I did help mold it though!)

He has yet to paint it.

He built it to see if SIDESHOW would be interested in it..and they have shown some interest needless to say.

The picture does it no justice, it looks like real aged metal in person.

I told him he should KIT IT!
and he...he is considering it.

Frank

Wow, that is some impressive painting work! I look forward to the incredible displays that will result if this becomes available!

psst...the stop-motion puppets were not 1/6 scale, so this isn't SS. You may now throw rotten fruit at me.

Pssst! We know!

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments! Yes, modeleers, the rubble is intact (my intent was more toy than model, but I may revise this if a kit is ever produced).
The reference used was of the full size prop. That's why the front differs from the miniature and the raised letters and numbers were used and rivets weren't.
Lanterns have yet to be added and I plan to wire in some amber LEDs later on.
The Indy is SS with HT body sculpted over. His hat is sculpted to be taller as well. This Indy is meant to be in standing position so his arm pose could be a lot better for this display, but he's in the shot just to establish scale. Which as treadwell stated, means this is a little larger than studio scale.
Paintwise, I use just about every trick on the book to make weathered metal, even real rust was utilized! Washes were the main utility. The great thing about this kind of project is the liberty you can have with the paint process. First, you over do it and then you bring it back to your liking. As least that's how I aproached it.

Just gorgeous! Not just the paint, but also the rough "forged" surface. I also like the "welds" around the bracket thingies.
So tell us more about how you made it. Clay sculpt, a buildup, what?

BTW, I think the contact surfaces of the wheels would be shiny metal due to constant abrasion--at least railroad wheels are.

Sure thing. The main body started life out as a pvc tube I added walls and ends to and filled any deficit in with bondo. i like to use epoxy putty for welds unless im going to mold it and sometimes i'll use hotglue in those cases. once the mold was made of the outside shell, the inside wall thickness was accounted for by laying sheet wax inside the big rubber outer mold and then I poured in rubber to make the plug (thanks, Frank!). All texturing is done with bondo and acetone and stippling or in case of the interior, I used gesso over the wax walls. And then sanding and gouging the model. The chassis is all evergreen modified as will be the track. My friend Mike helped with the wheels and brake box, which was grand! The brake handle is a turned down chopstick. Bent brass connects the lever to the brake box (which does articulate). Wire was bent on a nail jig for those front details flanking the bumper. I wish I took progress shots, I will remember to do that next time for the Thuggee cart!

duhhh!! i just saw that , i use it all the time.
realised i had a bag of it also,lol
what size pipe was it?
and are the wheels custom made ?
Mars

Here is a one of many pictures of the studio model I photographed.

Attention Mr. Kurt Kuhn: From what I've been reading there are several who claim your a pic stealer I better not see this picture posted on modeler magic! I own this photo , I took this photo and you do not have permission to post it anywhere so please respect my wishes.

studioindyminecar2.jpg

Attention Mr. Kurt Kuhn: From what I've been reading there are several who claim your a pic stealer I better not see this picture posted on modeler magic! I own this photo , I took this photo and you do not have permission to post it anywhere so please respect my wishes.

studioindyminecar2.jpg

Like that would ever stop the kuhnzilla... :lol

studioindyminecar2.jpg

I've learnt through experience if you don't want things stolen and used without permission don't put it on the net. You are just inviting someone almost daring them, to take it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back