Teeth material

marshon

Hi guys,

Can anyone shed any light on the material used to produce teeth for an Alien? They appear to be a translucent material of some sort?
I've been casting my Pred teeth using acrylic powder (in my case it's white), has anyone got any knowledge of a translucent version of the powder?

Stinks to high heaven, but it's easy to work with and easy to clean up and polish. Obviously I don't want to spend a fortune ....

You can use "aqua resin" or any other clear casting resin.. An easy and cheap solution would be to put hot glue into your mold.. It is essentially a translucent meltable plastic

You can sculpt them in Klean Klay and make a mold then use Lang dental acrylic to make/ "cast" them.
I'd get a hold of something like an A4 which is a darkish yellowy natural tooth shade and some clear. You can slush the clear in the mold and it'll naturally be barely thicker @ the bottom, then fill with A4 and the variance in clear thickness will make it look like real tooth. Next thing will be to lightly buff the non-glue-ing edges for a mirror finish. Depending on your effort, they might be much more realistic teeth than the stuff ppl just pour. Trust me, I make fangs all the time for stuff like vampire costumes.

You can sculpt them in Klean Klay and make a mold then use Lang dental acrylic to make/ "cast" them.
I'd get a hold of something like an A4 which is a darkish yellowy natural tooth shade and some clear. You can slush the clear in the mold and it'll naturally be barely thicker @ the bottom, then fill with A4 and the variance in clear thickness will make it look like real tooth. Next thing will be to lightly buff the non-glue-ing edges for a mirror finish. Depending on your effort, they might be much more realistic teeth than the stuff ppl just pour. Trust me, I make fangs all the time for stuff like vampire costumes.

Like THIS LINK HERE ?? Can you clarify on this link which actual stuff you are talking about? I want to do this exact thing for a Killer Croc Head sculpture I am about to start work on.

THANKS AMIGO!

The repair powder on this page http://www.langdental.com/index.php/virtuemart?page=shop.browse&category_id=14 If you go this route you'll need powder in the color(s) you need and liquid to "activate" it. To avoid bubbles always pour powder into liquid. (liquid is poured 1st then powder) It will exotherm or cure without additional heat at room temperature and can be polished by hand methods, not by wheel. What I'd do for a croc is 1st make the teeth in a non sulfur clay then mold it with your choice of materials. I've been reading about thinning 100% silicone caulk from GE with naptha and mixing aprox a .5" X .5" small amount of cheap acrylic craft paint as a kicker so it cures in hours instead of days. Anyway you can take the mold and either pour 1 solid color or measure a small amount of liquid then powder so it remains soggy and slush it around being careful not to let it pool anywhere then backfill after it cures with more liquid and your desired base color. This will give you some clear over the darker hue for a more natural effect. Also make sure to price this and compare it to another method. IE, You could also pour it in an off white casting resin like this http://www.aeromarineproducts.com/casting-resin.htm and polish (possibly with a wheel depending on it's hardness) or even just coat it with clear nail polish. You have more options than I do since I need stuff that's approved to be in human mouths and yours is for a prop.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back