Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Post-release)

KrangPrime

Master Member
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this.....figured I'd start one..... if there is, pleasemerge...

So far the casting of The Arrow as Casey Jones is the ONLY thing that has come out of this sorry mess of a project that I am 100% behind no questions or complaints asked. then you remember who's behind this new movie universe and just cry yourself to sleep at the lost potential ;o)

Re: Bay Turtles 2

I almost started a thread with the Amell news too, he's a badaas choice for the role!!
Btw the sequel secondary title is "Half Shell." No sure if its "Ninja Turtles: Half Shell" or "Turtles: Half Shell" or "TMNT Half Shell" lol. Plus... BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY!!

More appropriately the title should be "Half @--." Big Turtles fan and been fine with every incarnation, but still have not watched the Platinum Dunes one.

More appropriately the title should be "Half @--." Big Turtles fan and been fine with every incarnation, but still have not watched the Platinum Dunes one.

I wish I didn't see it...but, I felt the need to just so I could bash it properly. Even Rifftrax and the MST3K guys couldn't save that turd.

I'm still uber confused by this amell news. he actually has a chance of being the best actor in this film sequel.... so i'm wondering who made a competent choice and how they got bay off the project long enough to do it. the press release was funny 'He had the best chemistry with meghan fox'. I guess his practicing with a oak tree before hand came in real handy.

This movie is going to have everything I love in the TMNT franchise; big cars, supermodels and NBA players. Woohoo!! Bring it on!! :facepalm

Stephen Amell as Casey Jones

ZUSa4u8.jpg

What's with that mask? CJ always wore what's basically a hockey goalie's mask, right? Why re-invent the wheel and go so far away from the original idea/concept?

It's Michael Bay. It took massive public outcry just to stop him from reinventing the turtles as aliens. He probably wanted to do that just because it worked for Transformers.

Bay doesn't even respect the source material of these cartoon shows he remakes, never mind staying loyal to it.

eh, with this movie, if that's the best we can get, I'd live with it. although it looks far too serial killer ish.

sigh. such a GREAT casting choice and it's going to be wasted.

It's Michael Bay. It took massive public outcry just to stop him from reinventing the turtles as aliens. He probably wanted to do that just because it worked for Transformers.

Bay doesn't even respect the source material of these cartoon shows he remakes, never mind staying loyal to it.

The transformers were always from Cybetron, the movies just always referred to them as "aliens" because they didnt originate on earth, the use of that word did get old pretty quick in those movies lol

I am bummed that the origin of the mutagen is from space and not manmade, but I hope it can tie into Dimension X somewhere along the way

The transformers were always from Cybetron, the movies just always referred to them as "aliens" because they didnt originate on earth, the use of that word did get old pretty quick in those movies lol

I am bummed that the origin of the mutagen is from space and not manmade, but I hope it can tie into Dimension X somewhere along the way

Yeah I know.

I just have a feeling that Michael Bay didn't think any farther about the Turtles' origins than this: "When I remade that last 80s franchise the absurd cartoon characters showed up from space. People accepted it. Better to stick with what works."

Firstly, some people commenting obviously haven't even seen the movie they're hitching about, as they don't even so much as use the word alien in the first movie, much less have it being the source of the turtles or the mutagen.

Secondly, if you're not willing to diverge from the source material in even the slightest of ways, you're in for a lifetime of disappointment from the film versions of any of your favorote comic book heroes. There's always going to be something they leave out/change.

P.S. The hockey mask, really?! For the love of... That's a good example of the very definition of nitpicking.

The first Transformers movie overused the word alien, not first Turtles movie. Sorry if there was any confusion lol.

When April is watching her old videos, young April is looking at the mutagen in the lab and says something like: "its from outer space"

Firstly, some people commenting obviously haven't even seen the movie they're hitching about, as they don't even so much as use the word alien in the first movie, much less have it being the source of the turtles or the mutagen.

I never said the turtles/ooze were alien in the Michael Bay movie. I said Michael Bay had been intending do that before the terrible public reaction when that info leaked.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back