Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Post-release)

Re: Bay Turtles 2

Ok, I KNOW it will be stupid. I KNOW it. But...I have to give them major props for Krang, a Turtle Van that shoots manhole covers, all the cheese. The first one was so, so, so awful, but damnit...I know I'll watch this eventually. Bebop and Rocksteady!!! Finally!!!

oh, and I Don't find Fox hot in the slightest. she has too much of that arrogant paris hilton or kardashian vibe about her....even before she told turtle fans to '**** off'.
i'm more of a patty spivot kind of guy ;o)
\
the-reverse-flash-returns-episode-stills-patty-spivot-610x250.jpg

oh, and even though bay isn't directing, can we at least agree it's got his slimy finger prints all over it, so he might as well be? ;o)

Yeah the whole thing looks like garbage. I've said it before... a great looking video game, but where we are at with technology today and what realism is possible, this stuff just looks really bad for a feature film.

I just don't get who they're selling it to.

Kids have the TMNT CGI series which is actually somewhat decent, the older generation are either on the side of the laird/eastman comics or the animated series (and somewhere in there the rubber suit live action films).

I just don't understand who this misdirected, poorly envisioned sack of crap is targeted towards.

I understand even less how they got a second one made!?

Last edited:

it's all the casuals.

the people who will take your well worded argument and reply with 'oh my, take some of these!' and then post a butt hurt meme. or folks saying 'Bay isn't directing this, you ****'...or call mikey and raph mickey and ralph.

basically, the people who dont' care and just want to see shiny things and splosions for a while.

It's funny. when the first movie hit, there was alot of mixed reactions on another message board. now, it's pretty much all hate it seems. at least it looked that way last time I checked.

it's a bit more mixed with the nick tmnt series, which I never really cared for. that series doesn't know WHAT it wants to be. the idiot in charge only cares about Mirage Turtles. anything else, he's probably forced to put in. so you kind of have two people running the show. one sect is trying to make it more like the fred wolf series, with one shot guest characters and comedy and plots that are one and dones. another sect is trying to make it more like mirage. darker, mysterious, serial plots. the result is a confused show that forgets what it wants to do, doesn't set up what it wants to do...and after 4 episode runs, goes on a break for a month and a half so you forget where it is by the time it does come back for another four episodes. that might explain why the ratings seem to be dropping a few million people the longer it goes on.

THe entire corpoate tmnt structure seems so disjointed. much like GB. without their fathers in charge......no one knows which direction to go.

unless you are idw ;o).

5022615-bishop_(idw).jpg

Case in Point. IDW knows how to take ALL universes, merge them together properly into one AND do enough new stuff to keep you guessing.
In this latest shot, we have Agent Bishop from the 4Kids series (one of the many new characters that is forever awesome)........and TWO characters from the 'red sky' era of the Fred Wolf Series that where one and dones. Dark Water agents that where kind of a secret military branch that guarded a high tech power source. here they have Agent Winters and colonel knight meeting up with bishop.

I can't tell you how big a smile I got when I saw bishop the way he was supposed to be. and Hun the way he was supposed to be (with the added creepy twist that this time he IS Casey's father, rather than killed Casey's father.) where as in the Nick series, they mutilated Hun by turning him into a weak Jackie Chan comedy character who got his ass handed to him by a teen casey jones in his first outing.

IDW seems to get what makes these characters work, where Bay, and the people running the new Nick show really don't. at least IMHO......
I especially love how they didn't make Mikey a Bumbling Idiot, and he actually seems to be thoughtful again.

nice to see meghan fox is working on her shocked expression. you can almost see a glimmer of....nope, I.I lost it again.. same old dis interested look she always has. don't try acting so hard there casey..

I might like them if those Turtles arn't so god ugly.....

heh, I havn't been on another forum for months and just checked back there for some info..I can't believe people there are going gaga for this film like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. looks like more of the same...just with added characters that slightly resemble what we know.

people over at a dedicated turtle forum,, however, have wizened up a bit and most seem to be dreading this thing. Going with the 'fool me once' logic.

Although I did LOL at one thing. I've been paying so little attention to this BayVerse, that I didn't even know when the film came out.
June 3rd. Around FeigBusters original release date. Guess we know why they pushed it back a month. If It had been released around the same time as turtles,
I doubt it'd have a good opening week.

without turtles, curiosity seekers more than anything would check it out. but with turtles, it'd probably be forgotten, even if the trailer was decent.

i think they are just excited like me to see bebop and rocksteady along with rang and a young shredder, and over looking how crappy the turtles still look, casey jones with a buzz cut.. and Vern still hanging around... i dont have very high hopes but am excited to see old characters finally on screen, i will die if we see the fly!!

I dunno.. I guess i'm different..

I've been living with the original series almost non stop since it went off the air cause i kept the tapes. I never really stopped watching. so non of this is 'nostalgia' to me.

so all these 'throwbacks' don't mean as much to me. they never left my eyes..
did that make any sense?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back