Team Zissou

They're most definitely custom. If you're looking for a good base shirt, you can use one of the jersey-knit "athletic/preppy/vintage" fit light blue polos you can find at Target. That's what I used for mine:

[image]http://home.austin.rr.com/ethanwil/kingsley.jpg[/image]

Modified it into a button down shirt. The blue material is a sueded synthetic (not sure the right name for it) which seemed to be a good match to the movie. Doing all the work to make it button-down instead of polo probably isn't necessary; you can just stitch the stripe onto the front and add dummy buttons.

The movie track pants were custom made as well I believe. I wasn't able to find any track pants in the right color, so i just went with some slacks I found on clearance at Dillards Fairly close color match, but not 100%.

Ethan

Thanks.

For the shoes I used a pair of Adidas knock-offs that I found at Payless for $20. They had four blue stripes originally; I cut one off and painted the middle light blue.

[image]http://home.austin.rr.com/ethanwil/zissou.jpg[/image]

The shoes are REALLY uncomfortable for long periods of standing... If you want to wear them for anything more than a party every now and then, you might invest in a real pair of adidas.... The payless ones definitely show their cheapness in that department :)

It was some Tamiya acrylic that I had sitting around from building model kits... But any brand will work, really. Probably best to stick with acrylics (artist's tube or model paint in a little jar)- get a dark blue and a white, and you can mix a bit to the right shade of light blue.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back