TDK Suit template needed

batgrayson

Hey as the title suggests I am in need of a template for TDK batman suit for an upcoming build I would try and make my own but this will be my first big build so thank you for your anticipated help

Omel posted by build thread. Thanks for the bump! I just put up a few pics.

I should have a shoulder template up soon. The rest can really be made free hand with photo references.

Egon, great looking templates! What are you using to draw them up with? I've just re-posted my begins templates and am was planning on going forward with some TDK templates. I've found some great ideas from the 1/6th figure community and I'd like to create the chest and shoulder piece as 1 whole entity. Gonna take some time to think through, but I think it'll be worth it to be able to put that piece on as one whole element like football pads that get strapped down to the 2 piece body suit.... we'll see how that works out and hopefully it won't take 3 years to finish like my Begins Templates are taking.:thumbsup

What I did was take screen caps and then bring em into adobe illustrator and trace them. Then I would print it out, see how it formed and edit it from there.

However, I will say I made MANY mistakes in how the suit was constructed in terms of the mechanics of the suit. I was gonna sketch up some "schematics" of sorts to show how I think the hero suit is constructed and works in the film.

Not trying to hijack the tread, but I should have more templates and drawings, as well as photos up showing how it works in my thread!

(also, link to the begins templates??? I wanna start one...)

Forgot to mention, batgrayson, check out the scene in the Dark Knight when bruce is in china and shooting the timers onto the windows. GREAT shots of the suit construction in the chest and back. If you wanna see some more stills of the suit that show great detail, check out the dark knight rises spoiler photos (if you want to) The stunt suit on set is very well light and shows great detail of how it moves and fits the body!

Cheers!

thanks for all the suggestions yeah I saw the post with TDK knight templates I may have to try it out Im a little strapped for cash right now and really busy with film school but when I have a breather like over Christmas or something Ill probably start building my suit so yeah

Omel posted by build thread. Thanks for the bump! I just put up a few pics.

I should have a shoulder template up soon. The rest can really be made free hand with photo references.

no prob Egon, i really think its great that you took time to create the template for what you did. kudos to you sir and archytextural for sharing . (one of these days i will use your chest template to remake mine:lol)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back