TDK Foam Pattern, Design, Costume Build. ( PIC Heavy)

Unfortunately, I'm still at this stage:
tdk3.jpg

I have however gotten my hands on one of Kevin's cowls and neck armor so my upper part's practically done. I was planning a half mannequin display and am still trying to source some mesh locally for the bodysuit. Until I find some, this project is unfortunately temporarily halted. :(

I made my torso section with the back attached....hopefully I'm going to attach a zipper so I can put it on like a jacket.

I'm also stuck as what to do with the belt
image.jpg

Hey guys. I'm thinking of building a TDK Batman suit but I want to make sure I have a good plan before I start. I have four questions 1) What is the best material and shape for the cape and how should it be attached to the rest of the suit? 2) What is the best way to put all of the pieces together? I have seen some people glue all of their pieces to a tight shirt but it is then very difficult to get off. I have also seen people use straps and keep the armor separate from the shirt but I think the problem with that is it would be hard to get tight. I think I might glue the ab pieces to the shirt and then use straps for the pectorals. I would then glue the leg armor to tight fitting pants. 3) What is the best and cheapest way to make the boots? 4) Is the back armor completely necessary?

Sorry I'm so late to the party guys! This thread is awesome. I made a few tweaks to the patterns that I think will really be helpful. But I'm wondering Kalkamel, and I hope that you're still on here to see this and answer, how did you get such a great looking carbon fiber paint job for the under chest and neck pieces?

- - - Updated - - -

Just completed the shoulders, which are easily the biggest pain in the ***** in this build thus far. I didn't use Sonjou's pattern for these but rather wing it myself based on screencaps and reference pics.

Here's where I am currently:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/kalkamel/tdk2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/kalkamel/tdk1-1.jpg

The paint needs some touch-up, particularly where the foam color is showing but otherwise, I'm pretty stoked. Just the side straps, the back spine and the gauntlets left to do and I'll have the upper armor done.

Sorry I'm so late to the party guys! This thread is awesome. I made a few tweaks to the patterns that I think will really be helpful. But I'm wondering Kalkamel, and I hope that you're still on here to see this and answer, how did you get such a great looking carbon fiber paint job for the under chest and neck pieces?

Those are actually carbon fiber stickers. The paint I was referring to is actually the Plasti-dip black I used the coat the foam with.

Those are actually carbon fiber stickers. The paint I was referring to is actually the Plasti-dip black I used the coat the foam with.

Thanks for the advice! I definitely think that's the way I'm going to go, looks awesome. That is a bummer about the brush on plastidip! I wish I could ship you some spray on stuff. =) Kalkamel did you make a template for the back? Those spine pieces? I see those and the back of the pants are about the only thing not on here. It doesn't look like it'd be that hard to free hand. Sonjou's link to the whole chest connected to the back piece won't pull up when you click on it. Do you happen to still have that picture that you could post on here? Thanks!

Hi

I've found some really great templates on here for creating the batman costume. I'm hoping to create a dark knight costume to wear to a convention. How did you make the side abs, spine and top of back templates? Granted i'll have the cape over them but still lol

Thanks for the advice! I definitely think that's the way I'm going to go, looks awesome. That is a bummer about the brush on plastidip! I wish I could ship you some spray on stuff. =) Kalkamel did you make a template for the back? Those spine pieces? I see those and the back of the pants are about the only thing not on here. It doesn't look like it'd be that hard to free hand. Sonjou's link to the whole chest connected to the back piece won't pull up when you click on it. Do you happen to still have that picture that you could post on here? Thanks!

Here is the full link again that you were looking for kalkamel

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/superman060179/TDKChest.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back