Limited Run TAKING PAYMENTS All metal the fifth element mondoshawan key replica+base

Hi guys sorry for late reply
But I have these all in stock
I have the key only or with little alu base and I have custom cases as well
If I have missed any one or you would like one please reply in here or email me russ@rbreplicas.com

Thanks
Russ

Hi guys all those that paid yesterday and today they have been shipped

Still got a few left in stock
Russ

There are issues with my order. I have tried to resolve the matter privately. Unfortunately, I can no longer maintain confidence.
Therefore, I am posting about my situation. In the hopes this will prompt RB to fulfill the order. And to seek advice from members on what I should do.

Bad reviews tend to diminish a seller's reputation. In turn, counteracting by trying to diminish the buyer's reputation. I also see members getting banned for something they may have said, but which is now obscured.
So I do not post this lightly. Both RB and I separately have good history here; and I want to maintain that. I hope I can still be a customer in the future. If you feel my choice of words is inappropriate, I can edit the post as needed. People might also choose sides. Be aware that individual experiences vary.

RB created a run list for the Mondoshawan key and display stands. As the list began to fill up, it stopped being updated. People were still asking to sign up. But there was no response.
I decided that RB was not being active in this RPF run. I looked around and found a Facebook page.

I messaged using Facebook on May 4, asking things like how many keys are available, what options are available, what other props can I buy, are there any payment requirements.
RB would say it can be ready in 2 weeks, he is preparing to go to a convention, is at a convention, or is returning from a convention. I call this the canned responses. It doesn't actually answer all of my questions.

On June 2, I messaged that I sent payment for Choice B & C. RB said they would be ready in 2 weeks; and to check the build process on Instagram. I could not find them being made on Instagram.

The package arrived around early August. I received the two different display stands. But only one key was inside the package. And it was misassembled. I noticed the head and stem were crooked. Heavy amounts of glue were applied in the area where all pieces slot together. But they were only pressed together about a third of the way in. So once the glue dried, the stem could not be pressed further in straight.

I messaged RB asking what glue was used. If it could be dissolved, I could fix the area myself; saving on having to ship the key back. RB offered to send two new keys. And asked for my address.

I was really thankful, but also wanted to prove my honesty by showing pictures of how the items came in the package. Perhaps it might jog RB's memory of packing the items. Photo upload was not working on Facebook. So I found RB's Etsy page, and continued the conversation there. RB asked for my address again. And seemed to just notice that I had received one key. I got the feeling that RB had not carefully read my Facebook message. The Etsy message was just starting the conversation all over again; and adding confusion.

RB gave the same canned responses about returning from a convention again. Still did not answer what I could do about the glue. And did not confirm how many keys are being sent. RB stopped replying altogether, over a month ago. I currently have not received the missing key.

Why I can no longer wait:
RB kept saying the keys will be ready in 2 weeks, but it has been over 5 months since I first messaged.
RB has other project posts or runs on the RPF with updates being neglected.
RB seems to be focusing on attending and selling at conventions instead.
Responses to my questions always seem rushed and incomplete. Ditto with the work. And have gone quiet for over a month now.

What I want to know from members:
Who is good with brasswork, that I can send my key to for repairs? I am guessing maybe a jeweler such as Batjeepster Rings.
If RB does not follow through, how much should I ask for a refund? Although the one key is misassembled, its individual components are good. One key is $65. Should I open a dispute with PayPal for that amount?

My advice to RB:
Keep all of your pages up for commercial purposes. But direct your customers to one you can focus on replying to.
Maintain a list of what you can and can't work on. Update timetables.

I've never uploaded images here before. Apologies if they do not resize, and are too big.

What I am showing here is the stem and glue issue.

Attachments

• 20190821_080231.jpg
    20190821_080231.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 118
  • 20190821_080624.jpg
    20190821_080624.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 115
  • 20190822_055234.jpg
    20190822_055234.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 119
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back