T1000 frozen cop project, finished

gypsycatcha

Hi iv been working on this on and off for quite a while. I brought this bust a few years back, actually nearly sold it a few times but got round to painting it. First thing I had to do was find a helmet so I went to ebay and found a decent police bell helmet. Also brought some cheap aviators and started putting this together. I wasnt really going all out screen accurate but wanted to try and capture that awesome scene with the t1000. Hope you like.

I then went on to spray the helmet's black section, lay the skin tones down and basically freeze him. Also managed to find a pretty decent police looking jacket from the one and only C and A :) ( people old enough in the uk will remember lol )
I intended to just have this as a head bust but thought id add the torso .
Also starting getting together the sleeve badges and police badges.

Managed to find a pretty decent mannequin so I went about cutting the arm and shaping the jacket around...
Also started freeezing the jacket. I also used glitter glue which gave a real nice effect as the glue dried like ice and the glitter added twinkle and helped with the overall frozen look. Also managed to track down some helmet cheek pads as mine didnt have any.

After giving it some thought and trying to tell myself I have enough space, I decided to go all out and make this full size so I added the legs and cut away where they snap off. Im just using some cargo trousers right now as the police trousers are hard to find. I added the stripe myself and found a decent belt and added some cuffs. Still looking to add the gun and police radio and will eventually replace the trousers but they are doing a good job for the time being.

That was pretty much it until recently. I thought is tackle the arm and legs so I cast with clay the shape for the snapped sections. I have never used clay but thought id give it a try. Will paint those areas this week. Also managed to find a base for him and am planning to add the snapped hand frozen to the base with some broken fragments. Will need to add some more paint where I have been handling him and have done this all in the wrong order but im pretty happy with how its looking.

Last edited:
Re: T1000 frozen cop project

He turned out fantastic & Robert Patrick is the man. :thumbsup

It is nice to see you did everything yourself instead of just commissioning an artist to do it for you.

Pretty much finished him off today. Added more painted frozen areas and changed the glasses. Was going to try an experiment but decided I liked them the way they were. Also added the hand and snapped off fragments, I wish I had room for a bigger base to add more legs and boots. Maybe another day :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back