Sylvie (Loki series) costume piece ID’s

I'm starting to source material for her cloak/poncho. I know the outer layer is Wool (which I may splurge on, or do a first version with fleece) but I think the inner lining would look nice as a faux suede. But that green is a hard color to come by!

Here's an upholstery faux suede in Kiwi:

That same shop has a stretchy faux suede option that they gear towards cosplay:
Stretch Faux Suede Polyester Spandex Apparel Clothing Cosplay | Etsy

I think Spring Time or Olive looks nice, but maybe not as good as that Kiwi?

Any luck sourcing for the cloak yet? Any opinions on those links/fabrics?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 3.21.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 3.21.46 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 3.22.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 3.22.24 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
So I've been trying to find patterns for the pants. Looking at them they do look quite a bit like thai fisherman's pants made with clips instead of ties. I found this pattern that looks pretty close? they have the wrap part AND the legs taper (which a lot of the pants patterns I've looked at don't do)

I'm starting to source material for her cloak/poncho. I know the outer layer is Wool (which I may splurge on, or do a first version with fleece) but I think the inner lining would look nice as a faux suede. But that green is a hard color to come by!

Here's an upholstery faux suede in Kiwi:

That same shop has a stretchy faux suede option that they gear towards cosplay:
Stretch Faux Suede Polyester Spandex Apparel Clothing Cosplay | Etsy

I think Spring Time or Olive looks nice, but maybe not as good as that Kiwi?

Any luck sourcing for the cloak yet? Any opinions on those links/fabrics?
The Kiwi is a very good color. It's definitely on the more olive-y side.

So I've been trying to find patterns for the pants. Looking at them they do look quite a bit like thai fisherman's pants made with clips instead of ties. I found this pattern that looks pretty close? they have the wrap part AND the legs taper (which a lot of the pants patterns I've looked at don't do)

THIS is getting much closer!

Question: do Sylvie's trousers have side-seam pockets?

The Kiwi is a very good color. It's definitely on the more olive-y side.
The idea of faux suede on the inside seems visually interesting, but would add a lot of weight, yeah? Also, if it is a synthetic fabric: a lot of extra heat. I would imagine this would cause the cloak to "stick" to the garments below and not "swoosh" as you might like. THAT SAID: have you tried this before? I could be waaaay off on my conjecture... and can always stand to learn a new thing or two!

The cloak / parka is intriguing? Has anyone started any sketches?

A black suiting wool can be found relatively inexpensively (and also goes sky high, so look around). It can also be super lightweight and remain tough, while offering great heat exchange. Probably better than, say, a polyester would do.

Question: do Sylvie's trousers have side-seam pockets?
I don't think so. I haven't seen them in any of the screengrabs, and her keeping the tempad on her belt implies she didn't have the more secure option of a pocket. (Though that may have been more for plot reasons.) That said, I'm debating adding some anyway if they aren't too obvious for ease of wearing.

I don't think so. I haven't seen them in any of the screengrabs, and her keeping the tempad on her belt implies she didn't have the more secure option of a pocket. (Though that may have been more for plot reasons.) That said, I'm debating adding some anyway if they aren't too obvious for ease of wearing.
My thoughts as well.

Has anyone ID’d any buckles / clasps or other small hardware?

As well: what is the actual paint colour applied to the boot soles? It looks everywhere from white to yellow to orange in various lighting. Hmmm…

I added some more photos to the reference folder I've been working on. This includes showing the belts where they attach together! Also grabbed a few from the Marvel Studios ASSEMBLED of just her overall look (good color ref for her pancho, also fun fact it has snaps!!) I'll probably go through again and see if I can find more shots after my con this weekend.

For her pants, my sister pointed out that the wrap (which I hadn't noticed yet) was similar in function to the one on Jemma Simmons' servitor costume from Agents of SHIELD season 5. My mother and I have made that costume twice (we destroyed the first for a season 6 costume variant) and basically what we did was use a Butterick pattern for the pants themselves, then drafted out the wrap on paper using screencaps as our guide. When we made the pants, we added the wrap in one of the leg side seams and waistline. Sorry for a shoddy explanation but hopefully it can provide inspiration! I've got photos of our design process somewhere, but for now here's photos of the costume on the show and the one we made for reference. I can post photos of the pants themself if anyone wants.

servitor-example.jpg
20180609_122035.jpg

I completely missed out on the second page of posts here and so missed a lot of conversation on the pants so I may be totally off-base. :oops: But I'll leave my previous comment up just in case.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back