swords for a con

morbius

ok so i really want to put swords on my pred but im sure they wouldnt let me bring real swords in so i was looking at wooden practice swords when i found these.
ninja_strike_force.jpg

all the reviews say there not sharp even though they say there "razer sharp". so my question is can i have these at a con? second is if i got these and recast them in to resin would i be doing the no no or would that be ok? what do you guys think. i like these because they say there light and shorter than they look which is a good thing cause it wont hurt my back and it gives my pred the apperance of being bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno about the recast part but the sword part depends on the con. My wife dresses as a bleach character at dragoncon each year and has a sword she uses. Noone said anything to her.

As for practice ones. Get the Cold Steel brand carbon fiber ones. They are beastly and look good.

as far as i know.. if they are steel or any other metal they have an issue with it. wooden or fiberglass should be ok

I've worn real blades to Renaissance Faire, and as long as they have scabbards and are peacetied they are OK.

For cons, I believe the same thing applies.

But metal is heavy, so you'd want to go with lighter materials.... plus there is less chance of them giving you a hard time about it.

---
Ei'luj

I agree with Scott. Call the venue and get the specific weapons policy for the event you are going to. Weapons policies vary greatly from event to event. I have been to ones where you could take in a tank of you wanted and others where if it even remotely looked like a weapon, forget it.

Also if you have a set of swords and you wish to make a resin duplicate for your own purposes of weight and safety concerns, I dont see anything wrong with that. The entire "Recasting" issue is based on unscrupulous people duplicating others work and then selling it for a profit. This does not apply here.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back