Sweet. A documentary about prequel love

I'll see it. If anything, it looks more watchable than that vehement gibberish that was The People vs George Lucas.
It actually makes me pretty excited. Imho, the Hollywood fantasy films are in a huge glut.

And as hugely flawed as the prequels were, they were unique. And they were thought out.

And now that the hype of the force awakens has died down, it's much more divisive than we ever thought. Because of that, I predicted a while back that the prequels will start to look better over time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I won't say that's the only thing that I didn't like about that documentary but Chris Gore in front of a camera for any amount of time is definitely a detractor.

Some aspects of the prequels were very thought-out. Others were very not.
Absolutely. But it was at least ambitious. And I think that has to be acknowledged. Compare that to the issues of modern movies of the same genre.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, (the entire) PT was more ambitious than (the first 1/3rd of) the sequel trilogy.

I do agree with the basic premise here, though. I do expect the next decade of Star Wars to indirectly highlight the strengths of the PT that have been under-appreciated.

I'll be adding this to my watch list!

EDIT: Just rented it on Youtube and for a documentary of this type, it was alright. I pleasantly enjoyed it. If there's one thing that did make me chuckle, they bring up the new movies in here a bit and try to make a case for them but I'm not so easily convinced. There's a brief conversation of Lucas becoming the Vader/Empire of his own films but yet I'm supposed to turn a blind eye to the new stewards who are vying to own public domain. That just makes me chuckle, is all.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back