Swamp Thing on CW?

Laspector

Master Member
Anybody watching this? I can only assume this is the DC streaming service show from a couple of years ago. I've noticed a couple of blurred out mouths over some cuss words, also the commercials seem to just happen at the crazy times, no real scene break or anything. Yet, certainly does not seem like your typical CW garbage.

I had no idea it was on, just happened to hit the tv guide last week as it was starting. Show seems pretty darn good so far. But for those of us that never saw it at DC, it's certainly worth checking out.

It was cancelled just as the first episode ever aired. South Carolina, which had promised millions in tax benefits for filming there, renegged on their agreement and it was just too expensive to film more than the 10 episodes that were completed. It'll wind up over on CW with the rest of the DC crap, but I highly doubt they're going to make more. It's just not the kind of thing that would appeal to a CW audience.

I had heard about it when it came out but didn’t have DC streaming. I watched it the other day and really enjoyed the first episode. The blurred out mouths was a little weird but it wasn’t subtle at all.

I’m looking forward to watching more episodes and who knows, it could be revived.

Last night's episode was pretty good, although it is obvious they are editing out a lot of gore. Like when the plants picked that guy up into the air. It was set up so that you just know that guy was going to get ripped to pieces. Instead, all we get is a sound effect and reaction shots.

Seeing as how there is not much else going on for Tuesday nights, I guess I'll see it through. Does suck though, knowing it ends on an unfulfilled cliffhanger.

I'll give it this--when you do see the Swamp Thing, the music is badass!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back