Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

Ok. Yes one seller can set nationwide pricing. Of all the 1967 Impala 4 doors currently for sale or sold in the last 2 years in the US, how many were bought and/or sold by your family? If the answer is "a helluva lot of them", then you set the average for nationwide pricing.

Prices are going up because people are willing to pay higher prices to get these cherished cars. I get it, my wife is a realtor. When I ask her what a particular house would go for, she always answers "what someone is willing to pay for it."

Overpriced and rare + cherished = stuff sells. Good for you and if the buyer is happy- them too. Doesn't mean they paid a fair price. And lets be honest, not all of them are good "complete" cars. A fully restored show car 67 impala 2 door goes for 10-15K and MAYBE 20-22K on the perfect high end.... how many were show cars that you guys sold?

Of course, a 2 door is NOT a 4 door Metallicar. Demand for Baby-ready cars is high. Supply is low. We all get that. The AMOUNT that is marked up is the sore spot. So when Joe Shmoe wants to sell his 67 impala and google's it, what does he find? Mostly your listings / auctions. So they go with that price.

Again, I'm happy for you. You have your Metallicar. And your folks found a niche market that turns a profit. The rest of us have to compete with you in order to find our grail car. That's the part that sucks.

Cheers

Ok. Yes one seller can set nationwide pricing. Of all the 1967 Impala 4 doors currently for sale or sold in the last 2 years in the US, how many were bought and/or sold by your family? If the answer is "a helluva lot of them", then you set the average for nationwide pricing.

Cheers

This sounds very scientific. lol Contrary to popular opinion, my parents don't buy every Impala on the market. ;)

A fully restored show car 67 impala 2 door goes for 10-15K and MAYBE 20-22K on the perfect high end.... how many were show cars that you guys sold?

I've sold show cars before, but if you think these prices are high, I don't think you could handle me telling you what we sold them for.

For everyone's information, these cars are rare. because of this there is (get ready for this) SUPPLY AND DEMAND! WOW! :eek
I know a lot of people on this forum complaining about the prices know this, but are just upset they can't find a car and complain about it here.

Just remember, this is a free market, and everyone here can buy an Impala. It's strange that you think my parents are the only people who do this.

Well said ak. I know that's how I feel. So I am sure a lot of others do as well. I had to stretch all the way out to Kansas to find mine. And I'm in WV lol just to hope no Impala hoarder would grab it before I could.

Impala hoarding = 1sm376money.gif

Not all of us have mommy and daddy money. But then again some will never appreciate the true worth of their car mainly because everything was bought and paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all of us have mommy and daddy money. But then again some will never appreciate the true worth of their car mainly because everything was bought and paid for.

Someone sounds bitter. Last time I checked I was the one that built my Impala. Have fun with your restoration, and if you ever need parts shoot me an email. ;)

"Just remember, this is a free market, and everyone here can buy an Impala. It's strange that you think my parents are the only people who do this. "

Nah- just the three I was going to pull the trigger on LOL.

Three at least since 2011.

Oh well. I move slower than the market.

Last edited:
akousticplyr I think said it best, and I think a lot of the members here would agree.
But unfortunately we live in a world where people can charge whatever they want for something, and sooner or later someone out there is going to be dumb enough to spend the money on it lol

But just because someone buys something for, say 22k, doesn't mean they didn't get ripped off. If a perfectly fine, mint/nearly mint, road worthy Impala can sell for 15k-20k, then yeah charging the same amount for an Impala with rust and other issues, is ridiculous, if you can't see that than you're either blind, ignorant, money-hungry, or a combination of all 3.

Hell the link to the last Impala posted is a perfect example of the market IMO. The body looks solid, doesn't look to be any rust on it, has a rebuilt 350, engine bay looks fairly clean, really the only thing it needs to make it a good looking driver, is a coat of paint, and they're only asking $4500. And it's already painted black, so that's saving a hell of a lot of work for repaint right there.

But, to spread some good cheer for those hunting....here's another ad that was posted recently. Maybe still available?

Good luck!

1967 Chevy Impala

I've been waiting to hear back from him for a few days. :( I sent an email and left a voicemail. :/

Also, charging several times market value on any item is price gouging. This is illegal in many states, but since this is private party, it's just slimy business. You can charge what you want, but don't come here defending it like we're the bad guys for pointing out a considerably higher price point.

I've been waiting to hear back from him for a few days. :( I sent an email and left a voicemail. :/

Also, charging several times market value on any item is price gouging. This is illegal in many states, but since this is private party, it's just slimy business. You can charge what you want, but don't come here defending it like we're the bad guys for pointing out a considerably higher price point.

I think everyone is missing the real picture. Him and his family can charge whatever they want, fact. We know its price gouging, we know its shady, we know its people taking too much advantage of a good thing. These impala wont be here forever in their sell-able state. One day all of them will either meet their makers at a scrap yard or become a Supernatural impala. They are simply trying to reap the max profit until that fizzles out. Now saying that I have to side with them a little bit,I may be biased though as I already have one in better quality then they are selling for 3 times less the price, but hey. Eventually if a dumb ass buys a car that's worth 4500 for 22k then they have too much money or they have no clue how to manage it. I am far from right and I saved for a couple years for this project. I am 26 now and make my own money and got this car worth no help and am restoring it with a mechanic and a body guy. Once its done the car has a total of 12k including weapons box AND contents. So to say I get one that's not even close to a Supernatural one for 20's that's just bad planning on a buyers end. Its simple just do your research. I was on Search tempest everyday, with alerts all over the internet when my terms Impala 4 door popped up. It takes work but if you put in work you get a car like mine in near mint condition with 23k original miles shipped to your door for 5k, again I am not defending nor crucify this family they are probably making a killing, if their ethics don't get in the way they who are we to judge? The duffle bags, if found can be bought in Canada for 20-50 bucks and they are selling by one guy for 200-250, the essco cans same thing, if you are lucky enough to find a supply of something then people will pay. Good luck out there guys and gals, be careful, do your research, ask questions.

I don't think anyone's missing the point, but for that kid to come here and try to justify it is silly and I have no problem calling him out on that. That is what most people are trying to do, not say whether they can or can't charge that price.

I don't think anyone's missing the point, but for that kid to come here and try to justify it is silly and I have no problem calling him out on that. That is what most people are trying to do, not say whether they can or can't charge that price.

I got you man, I just wanted to voice my opinion and throw some shade in there as well . :)

I think everyone is missing the real picture. Him and his family can charge whatever they want, fact.

I don't think anyone said they couldn't do that.

Just expect to get crap from doing it, it's only normal.

But to price gouge, and then to come post here and complain about being called on it, :lol i'm surprised he wasn't eaten alive :lol

But to price gouge, and then to come post here and complain about it, :lol i'm surprised he wasn't eaten alive :lol

Haha yeah like I will find an Indian head can for 15 bucks at a flea market then come here and sell it for 1000 bucks I mean come on, maybe sell it for 50 but no need to raise it 200 percent for what? Thats how you get the reputation they have.

Haha yeah like I will find an Indian head can for 15 bucks at a flea market then come here and sell it for 1000 bucks I mean come on, maybe sell it for 50 but no need to raise it 200 percent for what? Thats how you get the reputation they have.

Did you just insult the RPF community?...

I'm not quite sure where you are trying to get at :confused

Did you just insult the RPF community?...

Hell no this place has given me answers to all my questions, I am insulting people who take advantage of good hard earning people who have a cool hobby and should be helping each other, I get it find a cool prop and sell it if you are making things then cover your cost and some little in your pocket. There's no need to be greedy and charge 3, 4, 5 times what you could just because you want more money. Most of us are a family here we find things and help others fill in their collections, to be nice and helpful not to turn a giant profit. Ask Rick. I am referring to the Family that the last 2 days have been talking about if you missed that.

I have already said what I felt the need to say. But I do agree with the family and help aspect.

Hell no this place has given me answers to all my questions, I am insulting people who take advantage of good hard earning people who have a cool hobby and should be helping each other, I get it find a cool prop and sell it if you are making things then cover your cost and some little in your pocket. There's no need to be greedy and charge 3, 4, 5 times what you could just because you want more money. Most of us are a family here we find things and help others fill in their collections, to be nice and helpful not to turn a giant profit. Ask Rick. I am referring to the Family that the last 2 days have been talking about if you missed that.

Ah alright. Yes that family is overcharging and i found it hilarious that their son comes and defend them.

In the US, an individual can charge what ever he wants, all the power to him. But it's only normal that when someone does that, it makes certain people unhappy (and they use their freedom of speech rights to speak out!).

But to price gouge, and then to come post here and complain about being called on it, :lol i'm surprised he wasn't eaten alive :lol

Wasn't my intention to start a flame war. Sorry everyone. More of a frustration vent as I have found that I've personally missed several cars to his particular family. That's my fault, not theirs. It does, however, make one's jaw drop when you see the same car reappear for sale online with such an INCREDIBLE price hike. Unless they are dropping tranny's and swapping rebuilt motors with 10 coats of fresh gloss and clear coat, what else are we supposed to think about their "prices?"

I've never believed in personally attacking anyone's family...to me that's off limits. Charge what you want, we've all slept through Economics 101 and understand supply and demand.

Having said that, from a financial perspective, they've spoiled the fun of it for me. But then again, I come back here (long time lurker) and see so many people like Comedian03 helping each other out and its all good.

Good for MPick's family for making a few bucks, bad on them for gouging other fans of the show. Life goes on!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back