Superman... UPGRADES!! Dyesublimation Printing

Dye-sub? so they're flat. The pic makes them look a bit fuzzy. Is is out of focus? Also, how do they look when stretched across a body?

Superman5 - Sadly Flat however it seems to have taken on a slight raised effect.

BatDemon - yup Dye sub. might be a little out of focus.. i'm not knowen for my photography, so far it hugs the body really well.

nwjedidave - who said anyhitng about a screen used suit? ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Jun 1 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]1254486[/snapback]</div>
BatDemon - yup Dye sub. might be a little out of focus.. i'm not knowen for my photography, so far it hugs the body really well.
[/b]

sorry, I meant do the diamonds distort much when stretched on the body or has that been taken in account with the print?

NWJedi- Ebay, unless you what to buy tons of baseball cards hoping to get one of the swatch cards.

NWJedi- Ebay, unless you what to buy tons of baseball cards hoping to get one of the swatch cards.

yea i figured that would be an option ....

NWJEDI
dave

<div class='quotetop'>(BatDemon @ Jun 2 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]1254498[/snapback]</div>
sorry, I meant do the diamonds distort much when stretched on the body or has that been taken in account with the print?
[/b]

not a great deal no. there is some minor distortion as it conforms around the body but thats to be expected

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Jun 1 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1254507[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(BatDemon @ Jun 2 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]1254498[/snapback]
[/b]

not a great deal no. there is some minor distortion as it conforms around the body but thats to be expected
[/b][/quote]

I am going to make the suit but tailor it to make it look good on ME, Those tiny panty looking shorts Routh wears would make me look silly... I am all for movie acuracy but I am willing to make a few exceptions to prevent public humiliation. ;)

Cant wait to see your work Corpseguy..

D

<div class='quotetop'>(Kal-ElofKrypton @ Jun 2 2006, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1254532[/snapback]</div>
WOW that looks great. How where you able to do this?
[/b]

with some pixie dust and alot of patience ;)

seriously though it was mosting months of testing to get it right

<div class='quotetop'>(bleyd @ Jun 5 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1256760[/snapback]</div>
So, who's doing the boots?
[/b]

noone to my knowledge. Someone tried getting a favorite bootmaker to make some, but the response he got was something like not enough interest at this time and mor importantly,(I give credit to the maker, here) they couldn't replicate the sole. Someone did make their own veriosn for their fan costume,though.

I received my topps cards today....first impression.. the lights make the suit look a lighter shade than the swatch. oh, the diamonds ARE slightly raised...screenprinted, I'm sure.

I found this on Ebay:
59_1.JPG

It's a Collector Card with an actual Swatch of the Real Fabric Used.

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jun 8 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]1258754[/snapback]</div>
I found this on Ebay:
59_1.JPG

It's a Collector Card with an actual Swatch of the Real Fabric Used.
[/b]

that's the swatch we've been talking about.....the color and scale of the swatch looks way different than pics onf the costume on Routh...lighting and stretching of the fabric is what I'm gathering. I do like how none pf the cards i've seen pics of have the fabric oriented correctly. Mine is sideways that one is upside down.

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Jun 2 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1254793[/snapback]</div>
with some pixie dust and alot of patience ;)

seriously though it was mosting months of testing to get it right
[/b]

Awesome work. Any chance you can do this in dark gray for the spaceship suit? Red, yellow and blue couldn't clash harder with my flesh tone, but I'd like to have a dark gray top with the 3D logo.

I was able to get one of the Superman Topps cards in a Trivia contest and the diamonds on the suit are very slightly raised.

I was wondering if the grey suit would also be in the making. In the movie it looks just a duplicate of the blue one with out the briefs, belt, cape and boots.

I had to laught. I have seen this movie 3 times in 3 days and I noticed something.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS...

In the hospital, I think they know what Supermans suit looks like because it has the same design as his suit with the diamonds all over except the are multicolored. I'm not sure about this but I'll check next time I see it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back