Superior Spider-Man 2.0 (Edited Orhadar Print) Pic Heavy

Some new photos taken with an actual camera and not my iPad
IMG_1753.JPGIMG_1755.JPGIMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1765.JPGIMG_1766.JPGIMG_1768.JPG
IMG_1774.JPGIMG_1775.JPGIMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1783.JPGIMG_1772.JPGIMG_1787.JPG

I don't know why all the pictures come out sideways like that...

finished spackling, priming and painting my backpack just needs a few coats of gesso.
IMG_2823.JPGIMG_2825.JPGIMG_2827.JPGIMG_2834.JPGIMG_2835.JPGIMG_2837.JPG

All that's left to do is attach it to the suit. It's going to be removable.
IMG_2838.JPG

Then it's 100% done and on to the next one.

Check this out! I just did my very first Spider-Man birthday party gig
Kids loved it, I had a pretty good time doing it! They kept putting me on the spot using random scenes from all the movies, lol both Spider-Man and ASM I had to fill in the gaps and make some stuff up to explain.
Handed out some Spider-Man party favours from the dollar store cause why not and yeah!...

IMG_1821.JPGIMG_1823.JPGIMG_1802.JPG

Also... my superior spidey zipper broke and I've sent it away to get replaced.

Some suggestions would be awesome here! Only 8 days till Fan Expo and I don't know how I want to attach my back piece.
I fell out of love with the idea of attaching snaps to the costume.

Velcro? Could be tough to color match, but if there's any black on the back that could work.

Rare earth magnets can be found at Radio Shack, I believe. Canadian Tire might carry them. They're used in cabinet/furniture making so if there's a store for that type of thing around they might be found there. If there's room in the backpack you could also harvest magnets from old speakers, then put only metal in the suit instead of trying to shove magnets in there. Old speakers from cars can be had for very little cash at thrift stores (old computer speakers, for example) or at automobile wrecking yards.

What about putting button holes in the suit? A lot of sewing machines have button hole settings or possibly use fray-blocking glue (test this on scrap material!). Then put straps on the backpack. Slide the straps through the button holes, under the suit. Make the straps from stretchy elastic. I'm picturing one of those heart rate bands you use on cardio equipment. Then, put some of the scrap fabric behind the button holes so when the backpack isn't attached it doesn't have an opening. Kind of like that strip of fabric behind the zipper on pants.

I'll be on the lookout for your suit at Fan Expo!

Edit:
Some place called Lee Valley sells magnets, apparently:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=42348&cat=3,42363
http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/Stores.aspx

Last edited:
Both of your suits are fantastic! I have a couple of questions regarding your TASM2 suit if you don't mind.

1. Did you puff paint the webs and blue bricks?
2.What lenses did you use?

I'm in the process of making a suit myself and I want it to be the best it can be. I'm scared of using puff paint for a few reasons.

Both of your suits are fantastic! I have a couple of questions regarding your TASM2 suit if you don't mind.

1. Did you puff paint the webs and blue bricks?
2.What lenses did you use?

I'm in the process of making a suit myself and I want it to be the best it can be. I'm scared of using puff paint for a few reasons.

1. No, I rushed it for the movie
2. Tjacks

Take some scrap fabric and play with the paint. make lines. practice.
You want to make it the best it can be then don't be afraid.

I will be making a new thread for a Spider-Man 2099 suit. But since this is my thread anyway, I thought I'd throw a question out to anyone familiar with the use of silicone.
Would you recommend applying it to the red sections of the costume?

I've conducted a few tests to gauge whether or not to even do it. Some input would be sweet.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back