Superior Spider-Man 2.0 (Edited Orhadar Print) Pic Heavy

I think I've finally figured out where I'm going with the backpack
Every artist has drawn it differently so you kinda have to settle on an in-between.

I still have to make the spider leg nibbles that fit into the curved sections. Going for a free form effect.
IMG_2450.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    680.3 KB · Views: 223
Just an update: My suit has been mailed out, and I've decided on a backpack.
My third attempt at wrist communicators fell through only because the epoxy gems weren't casting the same -_-

This is my fourth and final set. They came out looking very nice with matching gems.
photo (2).JPG
Tomorrow I plan to buy some gesso and start to finalize them.

Coming along very nicely. I like how your back spider is coming out so far. Can't wait to see how it looks all finished up and on the suit. It could just be the image but it looks pretty thick. How deep did you make it?

Love how this build is coming together man!
Especially like the cool communicators and backpack with worbla! Definitely want to know how it ends up holding up and everything!
Best of luck,

-Equinox

My suit came in the mail yesterday! I put it almost immediately and I gotta tell ya... The best fit. best suit I've ever put on.
I'll post full suit shots when It's complete.
IMG_2549.JPG
made some progress on my communicators some minor details still need to be sorted.
IMG_2548.JPGIMG_2558.JPG
Went with some zippers in the wrist this time.
IMG_2550.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG
Putting eye holes in the suit is the worst part. I can't get the center hole between the lenses with TJacks faceshell without the mask puckering at the sides. I think it sits JUST above them and I'm okay with this because the superior suit doesn't really have perfect webbing.

IMG_2555.JPG

Now I hate that the suit has a backpack even more... lol I don't want to mess it up!

I spent the morning working on this. It's all hand stitched in and mostly for show as I don't ride a skateboard.
IMG_2561.JPGIMG_2560.JPGIMG_2559.JPGIMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2600.JPGIMG_2602.JPGIMG_2603.PNG
Some more selfies. I wanted to share what I did to my hands
I bought some conductive thread and stitched it into my finger tips. So now I'm able to use touch screen devices :)

I also just finished my wrist communicators.
added some weathering/ wear n' tear detail.
IMG_2616.JPGIMG_2617.JPGIMG_2618.JPG
Using some D loops, elastic, Velcro and a little worbla.
The Velcro is machine stitched on and needs a little hand stitch at the ends.

Now I'm looking at the shoes and backpack.
Very happy with the way things have turned out so far.

Thanks man. Sorta leaning towards the possibility that I might have a spidey-like healing factor lol.
It's only been 10 days but I'm feeling better every day.

View attachment 328104
Just brushing it off.

If you we're really like spiderman you would've backflipped over the car.

jk. I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I'm anticipating the completion of this build. It looks good.

If you we're really like spiderman you would've backflipped over the car.

jk. I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I'm anticipating the completion of this build. It looks good.

LOL That's my origin story. Spider-Man, run over by a mini van and gradually gained the proportional strength of a spider! (cause he can)

Thanks though.

I've hit a major speed bump on the shoes. I don't know what to do now that 1. the boots are too heavy and 2. I don't want to glue them into the suit if I don't have to. I'm thinking about modelling my own shoe out of clay or something but time is running out and I can't just spend money all willy nilly now.

Anybody using a decent water shoe or have an idea of what I might be able to do?

Ah well I managed to find a pair of shoes that I liked, used my heat gun to pry it apart and hit it with some E6000 today
Going to use puff paint to cover up the existing red at the heel of the costume. Also some black acrylic around the sides and bottom.
123.jpg12.jpg1234.jpg

FYI try not to get masking tape on the bottom of the shoe -_- there was enough adhesive transfer left over for me to stick to walls briefly, haha.

Awesome job! I really enjoyed Superior Spidey's look, and I gotta say, I think your definitely doing it justice. Keep it up!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back