Superior+Edge of Time+Amazing Spider-Man Costume Made From Scratch

Holy !! how did I miss that?
That is a marvelous build! I really like the way it came out! the puff painting texture is superb..really well done!

But seriously dude, I'm super jealous how this is turning out! The puffying by hand reminds me of my freehand with my failed ASM print. Very organic and the webbing is sick!

So I havent been updating as much as I would like to, since school has been such a hastle. But I have been working on this costume, sowly but surely. I took the advice of crabra commander and made the inside part of the mask red (kinda. The front of the mask kinda bulges up cuz I stitched up the middle to make the lenses closer together. You can kinda see it here:
sIY0Eg7.jpg

I decided to do a little photo shoot, although these pictures are kinda taken myself. XD But Ive finished painting the black part of the back. The costume is super snug and looks pretty good on my body type. I smeared black puff paint on the spider to make it shinier and blacker instead of its original grey color.

NxjKImL.jpg

FeFVhb1.jpg

7TsX76c.jpg

Also, for the web shooters, I got some instamorph (plastic that is moldable when its hot) and I formed a sort of cone. Then I cut holes in the glove so I could intetwine the instamorph. When it cools, Its very hard and almost totally unremovable from the glove. Sadly, the webshooters look awful, like a black bugle chip or something. I kinda decorated it and used glow in the dark puff paint for the web shooter (indicators.) What do you think?

oVutfNk.jpg

Last edited:
This looks SO. DAMN. COOL.
I love your ingenuity with materials and experiments, man, well done.

One of my favorite details is the hand-sewn, bold lines along the back and down the obliques in a contrasting thread color. You kind of look like the Tim Burton version of Spider-Man (and I mean that in the best possible way).

You're doing a great job here, lot's ingenious little touches that make it unique. And the great thing is, it works! The back spider has a very nice sheen to it and it looks very imposing. I like you fingerpads, and the webshooters look great as well. Glad you fixed the front of the mask, looks much better.

I think you are doing a bang up job here.

School is HECTIC. I haven't really made any mad progress that's worth posting pictures of exactly. I installed an invisible zipper in my crotch, off to the side so it's very stealth. Especially cuz it's next to the thick black... Stitching that goes down the middle. And once things are even more puff painted, it definitely won't be visible. I also bought some like, white transparent-ish iridescent paint. I tried to apply it on the back spider, but it just doesn't look right. Even after I painted a thin layer of the red over it.

THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP/ADVICE
Can anyone tell me:
1. The absolute best glue to stick urethane to fabric. I've been using gorilla glue, and I can peel the urethane spiders off the fabric.
2. What is the best way to make the back spider iridescent. Specifically like it was in the amazing spiderman, where it reflects light very well and shimmers/changes shades.

Thanks for everyone's support. :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back