Suicide Squad

I for one will have no objections at all if Margot Robbie's H is the main character in the film. She's just hypnotic in the trailer. As is the score! I hope they release that on the soundtrack or separately. Just a thought but as this is still filming, perhaps the Joker as we see him is an early version in Arkham. We certainly don't see him in the later Squad action sequences.

I for one will have no objections at all if Margot Robbie's H is the main character in the film. She's just hypnotic in the trailer. As is the score! I hope they release that on the soundtrack or separately. Just a thought but as this is still filming, perhaps the Joker as we see him is an early version in Arkham. We certainly don't see him in the later Squad action sequences.

except everything about him is almost irreversible and therefore wouldn't disappear with time - tattoos, grills etc. (not complaining, I personally like it and cant wait) and they wont go along any form of convoluted route of "he had tattoo removal" or "he got new teeth". So pretty certain this is the joker we are getting. Cant wait! (Again, no sarcasm. Love it)

except everything about him is almost irreversible and therefore wouldn't disappear with time - tattoos, grills etc. (not complaining, I personally like it and cant wait) and they wont go along any form of convoluted route of "he had tattoo removal" or "he got new teeth". So pretty certain this is the joker we are getting. Cant wait! (Again, no sarcasm. Love it)
Hang on, if "he got new teeth" is too convoluted, why would they go with a grill in the first place? Doesn't that require more explaining than just having normal teeth the whole time?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hang on, if "he got new teeth" is too convoluted, why would they go with a grill in the first place? Doesn't that require more explaining than just having normal teeth the whole time?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not really, because it's origin point 0 isnt it when the film starts. I doubt they will even explain why he has grills - they will just be his look. What I was saying was that they almost certainly wont change his look in the film (the essentials I mean, obvs clothes will change) at any point. He will just be one look (either normal, or grills in this instance)

Edit: And if they did...I can only imagine they would go for a flashback (normal) to now (grills and tats), rather than the other way around (original point being the scene with him in wont be an older shot from arkham where he looks different. itll just be a flashback or current event.

I hope Harley is going to be portrayed as Smart and yet Crazy person and not just some dumb Crazy Women that goes around being all dumb. She should be Smart with a Broken Mind and not stupid

Ohh I agree 100%, she is definitely hypnotic. I just was not expecting her to be. I guess it makes sense as she ties the Joker into this right? Looking forward to this movie the more I see.

Can we stop calling it a grill? A grill is a removable insert that goes over the teeth. These are actual silver teeth/fillings

The top one is a grill, the two centres have areas cut out where you can see the teeth below and at the end two it only covers the bottom portion of the teeth.

see the below

http://cdn1-www.superherohype.com/a...screen-shot-2015-07-13-at-1-17-54-pm-copy.jpg

They are absolutely "grills," sorry to say.

The ones on his two front teeth are called "Open face grills" if anyone is interested.

I've seen a few open face grills where the teeth next to it are partially covered, almost as Leto has in the pic above, but I can't find a name for that style.

They are absolutely "grills," sorry to say.

The ones on his two front teeth are called "Open face grills" if anyone is interested.

I've seen a few open face grills where the teeth next to it are partially covered, almost as Leto has in the pic above, but I can't find a name for that style.

:lol Perhaps they didn't want to use grills but Leto wasn't method enough to knock his own teeth out for the role...

:lol Perhaps they didn't want to use grills but Leto wasn't method enough to knock his own teeth out for the role...

If they didn't want them to look like grills, I'd assume they wouldn't use a very recognizable style of them.

They could have just done a thin vaccuum form and metallized them if they were going for "metal teeth" and they clearly didn't as a design choice.

I can't say she's that hypnotic. I'm still not liking much of anything i've seen thus far. I've seen far more hypnotic Harleys in cosplay. Then again, I have not seen this movie yet and can't for certain pre-viewed she isn't a good Quinn. I'm only basing off the trailer. I still am not seeing Harley.

I can't say she's that hypnotic. I'm still not liking much of anything i've seen thus far. I've seen far more hypnotic Harleys in cosplay. Then again, I have not seen this movie yet and can't for certain pre-viewed she isn't a good Quinn. I'm only basing off the trailer. I still am not seeing Harley.

I guess its all a question of taste and I've little to no experience of cosplay,(apart from those crazy zebra vids) let alone Harley Quinn. I've not much knowledge of the DC universe nor the Suicide Squad, certainly in comparison to some of the guys here though I've played the Xbox Arkham/Batman games which are terrific . But Margot Robbie is a great actress (and she beat Will Smith around the Top Gear track!!!). Whether its a question of the soundtrack and her in the trailer (plus the beginnings of a midlife crisis) I don't know but I must have played that trailer twenty odd times now. Its up to 30 million so its striking a cord with a lot of folks. Just before "Ant Man" a bunch of lads were discussing it in very animated terms in the cinema seats behind me and raising a lot of the points here. And they really seemed to like it. Its still filming and yet we had a very complete looking trailer and its one of the best I've seen in years. There is just something about it. I've gone from moderately interested in this to totally absorbed and for the most part its down to Margot. The Joker to me looks like a cunning nutjob, but so did Ledgers version. And like I said it feels really like its connected to the Nolan universe rather than the newer version, and "The Dark Knight" was just brilliant.

Well, that's really the job of a trailer: to make a film look awesome, regardless of whether it actually is.

I remember when Twilight first came out and I knew literally nothing about it, I rented it on Netflix. I figured vampires are kinda cool, and this looked to have decent production values, so why not? It was terribly dull, with really insipid characters. I figured "Ah ha. This series must suck, then," and put it out of my mind.

Then the second Twilight film came out, and the trailer looked pretty cool, actually. It had action and vampires fighting werewolves in the pacific northwest! It suggested grand conspiracies in vampire councils and had some really stunning visual! So, when it came on HBO one weekend, I figured "What the hell?" and watched it. And sonofabitch, they got me AGAIN! It was like, 5 minutes of action and what seemed like 2 hours of wooden Kristen Stewart acting, including her sitting in a chair staring out a window, all depressed because her fey 90+ year old vampire boyfriend ditched her.

And that proved to me that trailers are bulls***. They're purpose-built to suck you in with attractive visuals and cool looking bits from the film. I mean, if all you ever saw of The Phantom Menace was the trailer, you'd think "Holy crap! That must be an AWESOME movie!!!"

You'd be wrong.

I hope Harley is going to be portrayed as Smart and yet Crazy person and not just some dumb Crazy Women that goes around being all dumb. She should be Smart with a Broken Mind and not stupid

I absolutely agree. I don't love the super airheaded direction they've taken her in the Arkham games, or the over the top craziness in the recent books. I want her to be smart (because she is) and then suddenly fly off the handle and explode in people. I'm hoping Margot's voice/accent is more subtle than other versions, I would like to see her take on Harley, not just another Arleen Sorkin impression.

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely agree. I don't love the super airheaded direction they've taken her in the Arkham games, or the over the top craziness in the recent books. I want her to be smart (because she is) and then suddenly fly off the handle and explode in people. I'm hoping Margot's voice/accent is more subtle than other versions, I would like to see her take on Harley, not just another Arleen Sorkin impression.

Theroy on The Joker The Joker being a formaer Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' realtionship. As Mentioned earlier, it would give us a reasonable explation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.
The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's still Jason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY hope they don't do that with the Joker. The killing joke is the most perfect origin story ever

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Theroy on The Joker The Joker being a formaer Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' realtionship. As Mentioned earlier, it would give us a reasonable explation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.
The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's still Jason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

Gonna cite that article?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back