Suicide Squad 2

Like the first suicide squad, this one was a lot more fun than it had any right to be. I enjoyed it. I feel like the farther DC gets it's movies from the main hero line up, the more enjoyable they are.

Shazam, Aquaman, suicide squad 2, and to an extent suicide squad 1 were all pretty enjoyable for me.

Rest have been major let downs.

The Suicide Squad was the best movie I've seen in quite a while. Hands down. Just got back from seeing it and already bought tickets to see it again Saturday.

Meh, felt about half an hour longer than it needed to be and Harley was the only character I even cared about.
Peter Capaldi did a decent job, considering what he had to work with, but the Flash series already ensured that I don't care about The Thinker.
The first one had a much better cast, but the execution sucked (they created an absolute abomination in the editing room).

Why can't they get this right, when even Assault on Arkham did a much better job with a fraction of the budget?

That was fun. I originally had no intention of watching it, but the Mrs. and I wanted something new so we gave it a shot. The shark and the rat were our favorites and it made for an entertaining evening. It was probably a blast on the big screen.

I'm likely going to forget most of it by the end of the week, but for two hours it held my interest and made enough sense within the rules of it's own world. It's far from great like the critics are raving, at least for my taste, but then again I don't have a very high caliber with certain properties. Something like this and most of the Marvel movies are sufficient for me, but not enough for me to really obsess over. As long as they hold their own internal logic I can get on board.

I'm likely going to forget most of it by the end of the week, but for two hours it held my interest and made enough sense within the rules of it's own world. It's far from great like the critics are raving, at least for my taste, but then again I don't have a very high caliber with certain properties. Something like this and most of the Marvel movies are sufficient for me, but not enough for me to really obsess over. As long as they hold their own internal logic I can get on board.
It's DC, so with some critics i'm sure the bar was very low :)

I agree with JiminSTLouis though. Thinking on it I can't see how it should have been good, but it was :) My favorite also was the rat.

I laugh when i see people saying it must not be good because of low numbers. There IS still a pandemic going on and going the wrong way at the moment, and they were giving it out on HBOMax, what exactly do you expect? If Disney gave away Black Widow, i'm guessing those numbers get nuked as well.

I take zero stock in critical reviews. So many of them are bought and sold in order to get early access that their credibility is always in question.

While I enjoyed this film it wasn't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination. It was competent, well executed and goofy as hell in the best way but I doubt it's destined to become classic, at least for me it won't.

Last edited:
That movie was something. Fun, gory, lots of swearing. Maybe not likely to win hearts and minds like GotG, but there's a place for this film. It might take a couple drinks and a toddler free environment, but I'll watch it again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back