Patty Jenkins Star Wars ‘Rogue Squadron’ Movie *CREATIVE DIFFERENCES & SHELVED*

I didn't like WW84 so I've been a little leery of Jenkins, but in general I'm all for an OT-concurrent/adjacent rebel pilots movie or series. I hope it still happens in some form.

Top Gun meets X-Wings...sign me up!!! I feel the need for LIGHT speed!

The only work I've seen of hers is Wonder Woman, which I didn't love overall because of the messy and formulaic third act, but I've heard such good things about WW84 that I'm happy to see her at the helm. Plus, her explanation in that video has me sold - she's got a great perspective and could offer up a really fantastic cinematic thrill ride!
Fixed that for you.

Yeah, unless that X-wing was meant just as a placeholder. I will say it seems weird this project has taken a back seat since we had heard she was going to start on it once WW84 was over and done with. So what the heck happened and why did it lose priority? What changed?

I know a lot of SW fans were disappointed with Disney+ Day yesterday. Numerous reputable sources had said there was a Kenobi trailer in the wings but something happened and all we got was that sizzle reel. They released a Boba Fett doc and that was basically it. No new SW announcements, trailers or other goodies to be had while Marvel fans got quite a lot.

One wonders if perhaps something is going on internally at LFL…

I'm guessing it has more to do with the production schedule shifts more than anything else. The release dates of a lot of content has shifted due to either production stalls, like with Indy 5, or just other schedule conflicts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back