Sub Dye Arkham Project

brulafu

Well folks, since I've got myself a decent computer and have been playing about with Photoshop and had a few successful print trial. I quite fancy having a crack at the Arkham suit but printed using the sub dye method.

I started off with a standard dark grey and tried to add lines

ArkhamTest.jpg

Then tried to build up the rest of the chest using a rotated pattern....

ArkhamWIP.jpg

I then redid the lines and rivets and amended the patterns

ArkhamTrial.jpg

and to date....Re-redid the lines, made the grey lighter and then decided that the pattern needed to be more 'quilt like' simiar to the Arkham build from batpirriss...

I've not finished the contouring on the chest (as you can see on the upper neck and some of the lower abs...)

ArkhamWIP3LightGrey.jpg

What do you guys think ? I think I'll be going for a urethane bat on the chest.

Any comments positive or contructive advice would be welcome.

Amazing work to date pal, looks like a great start. Look forward to seeing more on this :)

Cheers Carl. I'll be looking at your stuff over the weekend. I've a weekend of NO PLANS....so will be chilling and pottering about - I'll drop you an email :)

Cheers Carl. I'll be looking at your stuff over the weekend. I've a weekend of NO PLANS....so will be chilling and pottering about - I'll drop you an email :)

No problem pal, been working me ass of some more this week so once I've gathered me brain cells I will send ya another set from what I have been doing. Been trying to find somewhere online I can upload large files to make it easier, but nothing as of yet.
Keep up your good work, i'm sure people would like you to start a purchase thread for your batman prints once you complete them :) Keep up the good work man!

No problem pal, been working me ass of some more this week so once I've gathered me brain cells I will send ya another set from what I have been doing. Been trying to find somewhere online I can upload large files to make it easier, but nothing as of yet.
Keep up your good work, i'm sure people would like you to start a purchase thread for your batman prints once you complete them :) Keep up the good work man!

I've used www.wetransfer.com - works really well and is free.

Cheers dude

dude, i LOVE this! i think the bottom one is a BIT too blue...but the one up from that is great! you planning on printing these? or maybe doing a new 52 style? you're real good at the patterns!

Great job. Watching with great interest. Would also love to see a new 52 style as well. Keep up the awesome work

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back