Studio scale tie fighter fleet

streetjudge79

Master Member
These babies are just awaiting there bases.. Dean D. Built and painted the tie interceptor and did one helluva job to it.. I built and painted the tie fighter which was a Swpropmaker kit. It isn't quite done yet, I have to do some touch up paint work , but I couldn't wait to show these off together.
tiefleet1.jpg

tiefleet2.jpg

tiefleet3.jpg

Looks nice..
I have both those exact same kits and they are nice.

I plan on displaying them ala Cking style and display them in flight mounted on the wall using no base and I want to find movie still pics to hang above them.

I made my mount today at work for my TIE Interceptor, I just gotta find time to paint the mount and mount it to the wall. I plan on using the same mount for my SN TIE and CC X-wing if it works out.

Lynn

Cool models.

I´m not sure about the color. I have photos of the Studio Tie in grey color, but also some that show him in a slightly blueish color, not quite as blue as the Interceptor, but almost. That´s why I painted mine in a slightly blueish note as well - My TIE

Tobias
The Light Works Model Page

Originally posted by tobiasrichter@Jan 8 2006, 12:22 AM
Cool models.

I´m not sure about the color. I have photos of the Studio Tie in grey color, but also some that show him in a slightly blueish color, not quite as blue as the Interceptor, but almost. That´s why I painted mine in a slightly blueish note as well - My TIE

Tobias
The Light Works Model Page
[snapback]1153454[/snapback]​
A new hope ties were white...
Cool job Steve...wait until you get the base...WOW...

Thanks guys, that is the first time I painted a starship in years.. I usually just do figures and busts.. I just have to touch up the grey on the tie a bit where I oversprayed the black , then it's done .
Wait until you guys see the base Dean is building for the interceptor, it's going to blow you away.

I particularly like the subtle weathering on the ANH TIE.

Most folks don't weather them enough based on the fictional philosophy of the Empire, but ALL models need some degree of weathering, (unless you're doing a Lamborghini Gallardo).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back