STTE Communicator (Star Trek Experience Comm)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

amish

Sr Member
Hello all,

I finally picked up the Star Trek Experience Communicator and I am looking to spruce it up. I wanted to remove the paint from the the grill and dull down the finish slightly on the body.

Does anyone have a tutorial on taking it apart and then instructions on what I should do to make it more accurate? I searched the RPF a bit and only found one thread that only briefly mentioned.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks..

Tom

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TOKI

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Your best bet is checking the Trek forums over at ASAP.

For the grill people have used a wire brush in a dremel tool. For the shells some people give them a rub down with fine steel wool.

The aluminum plate under the control knobs can be replaced with a thicker aluminum plate, and the moire ring and mid-plate can be brushed out or polished for a better finish.

But check in at ASAP first.

http://p082.ezboard.com/fpropreplicasfrm59

Arthur

amish

Sr Member
Thanks Arthur.. I truly appreciate the heads up. I didnt even think of ASAP :)

Take care,

Tom